2019 MLB Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Twins are beat up and have seen their lead dwindle to 3.5 games. Huge series in Cleveland this weekend. Hoping we don’t get swept 

It's been a fun division to follow this year. Big swings it seems like month to month...or week to week. You as a fan probably aren't liking things right now. I've got enough worries of my own. 10 game home stand starts today for Cubs. Have to go 8-2 minimally. 

Having a tough time figuring which is best way to make up ground and solidify wild card. Brewers play in St. Louis. Normally I say go Brewers but Cardinals also go to Nationals for a tough series and could get a couple losses there while Brewers host Padres. All sorts of different options could happen. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, rico said:

Twinks win game #1 vs. The Tribe....Go Twins.

Cubs apparently taking their recent frustrations out on the Buccos.

The Cubs need to save some of those runs for the Cardinals.

Nico Hoerner looks like he belongs so far. 5 games .417 2 HRs and 11 RBIs.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds found another way to lose tonight losing 1-0 to Arizona. Their pitchers in 8 innings gave up 1 hit and 0 walks and only had 89 pitches but gave up 1 run.  Gave up a triple and a Sac fly for the only run tonight.

The Diamondbacks are the first team since at least 1900 to win a MLB game with just one baserunner in a game that lasted at least nine innings, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The Cubs need to save some of those runs for the Cardinals.

Nico Hoerner looks like he belongs so far. 5 games .417 2 HRs and 11 RBIs.

Yes he does. Theo is still drafting so a few more like Nico sitting down on the farm makes this off season a little more interesting given how quickly Nico has performed. Nice win for the guys to cut the lead to 3. Now we need Brewers to keep doing their thing and we'll do ours today to get the lead down again. Shaping up for exciting 2 weeks here....at least I hope it is.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes he does. Theo is still drafting so a few more like Nico sitting down on the farm makes this off season a little more interesting given how quickly Nico has performed. Nice win for the guys to cut the lead to 3. Now we need Brewers to keep doing their thing and we'll do ours today to get the lead down again. Shaping up for exciting 2 weeks here....at least I hope it is.

Who would the Cubs trade targets be?

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Who would the Cubs trade targets be?

My first priority for next year would be to trade (overpay if needed) for Whit Merrifield. Two birds one stone. Plays second base and leads off. Done and done. After him I don't know enough yet. I'm still stuck in this playoff chase.

2 hours ago, rico said:

The Diamondbacks are the first team since at least 1900 to win a MLB game with just one baserunner in a game that lasted at least nine innings, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Sorry I didn't pay enough attention to this stat at first glance. Simply put that is unreal. I'm trying to think of a comparable NFL stat. First team to win a game with only 1 first down? 

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry I didn't pay enough attention to this stat at first glance. Simply put that is unreal. I'm trying to think of a comparable NFL stat. First team to win a game with only 1 first down? 

It is mind-boggling to say the least.  Fantastic performance for Disco that goes into the "I can't believe that happened" category in the history books.

39 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Twins sweep the doubleheader.

Up 5.5 with 2 weeks to go.

After today’s game, schedule gets easier but not counting my chickens 

I'm adopting the Twins for the rest of the season.  Yankees, Dodgers, Cardinals, Braves, Astros, Cubs blah blah blah.  The same names we see every year.  Give me a small market feel good story.  

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm adopting the Twins for the rest of the season.  Yankees, Dodgers, Cardinals, Braves, Astros, Cubs blah blah blah.  The same names we see every year.  Give me a small market feel good story.  

What about the A's and Rays?

Archived