Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Obviously we have no one with a Human Resources background.  I spent part of the last month learning from our HR department how to build successful teams and having come away from over 40 hours of training I have realized that Archie and our forum have done everything wrong so far to increase our team cohesiveness.  

So having been educated on this I have a few suggestions .

1) I have not seen any quick team building excercises.  During pregame shoot arounds, Archie needs have the team stand in two lines...one behind the other with their backs toward the other line.  Have the starters fall backwards and "learn" to trust his teammate to catch him.  Doing this in front of the fans should provide the best results.  Another suggestion would be to do one of those group painting programs where everyone is told what to paint but you just have one set of instruction.  That would be fun for the team and should be done in front of the fans, maybe charge a can for charity.

2) Motivations speakers.  I mean is there any corporation that doesn't use motivational speakers?  Get the guy who became a professional baseball player at the age of 35, I think he is pretty cheap now and he could really get the team going!  This doesn't have to be done in front of the fans.  Actually I would prefer that I don't see this aspect of team building and motivation.

3)  According to my HR department, knowing what my Briggs Meyer personality is should really help me with regards to team building.  I belive I am  ENTP.  The reason we are performing poorly could be because Archie is an ISTJ and everyone knows what happens with that combination.  If you don't want to spend the money on BM then there are other good personality tests.  I discovered that I was a dolphin in last years personality test which my HR manager reminds me most of the time and is used as the reason why I am assigned certain projects.  I am not sure what animal Archie is but I think it would be beneficial for us all to know.

4) Taking classes on how to relate to this young generation. I look at our coaching staff and see everyone is over 22!  No way they are hip to the young generation.  How un Phat is that?? It certainly isn't groovy to be out of sync with lingo and trends.

5) Toxic masculinity.  Need I say more?  

Like I said, having spent many hours learning all these things I am embarrassed that our Hoosiers haven't taken these first steps toward being a real team.  The blame is on IU's HR department and if they don't get this stuff together our team will be playing ball next to a van down by the river.

This may be my favorite post ever. 

12 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

There is a whole lot of toxic masculinity here.  I am not sure it will get by the HR department.  I saw physical dominant 5 times!  No way we can win with that attitude!  I think we need to include some sort of group rap session where they can air their grievances...maybe have some sort of spritual breakthru and give them life skills they can use for decades.  I think that is more important than any "wins."  

How should I re-frame physically dominant? Tangible ascendancy?

10 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Secondhand rumor at the bar I was at last night “from my brother that goes to IU” was that 6 players, including DeRon, closed down Sports on Thursday night, lol

I saw something about that on Facebook. What coach would allow that on night before a game?

8 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m watching Illinois and they are giving Maryland all kinds of problems. They will destroy us and they have s horrible record. Gosh this is depressing.

I am watching the game and was thinking the same.  Much like IU, Illinois looks like a different team, but in the opposite direction of IU.

A little perspective once again. I didn’t watch the game, so I don’t know about effort. But what Crean recruit outside of Juwan Morgan is a power conference division 1 basketball player?  Don’t lie to yourself when you try to come up with another one. Secondly, what was everybody’s realistic expectations for the first 11 Big 10 games where SEVEN of them were/are on the road? I certainly knew it was an uphill battle at UM, MD, Purdue, Nwestern, and MSU. Was thinking we could win at PSU and Rutgers, but certainly didn’t EXPECT to win the others in year 2 with very little talent. Yeah, we shouldn’t lose to Nebraska at home or look as bad as we have at certain times, but 6 of the last 9 are at home with one of those road games at Illinois. I’m not giving up and there’s still time for this team to turn it around. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Secondhand rumor at the bar I was at last night “from my brother that goes to IU” was that 6 players, including DeRon, closed down Sports on Thursday night, lol

I just made a call to someone that has to be at sports on a daily basis, he said this did not happen and he hasn't seen any players in all season.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I just made a call to someone that has to be at sports on a daily basis, he said this did not happen and he hasn't seen any players in all season.

That’s good news, nothing wrong with going out when in college but let’s stick to off season and not nights before big games.  I remember seeing Fife at Sports all the time back in the day.

Archived