Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I frequently look at this IU poster/schedule, which proudly adorns every player's face, including Archie, EVERYDAY. It hangs in my classroom and I proudly look at it on and off all day long, not because who is on the roster, but because of who EVERYONE on that poster represents....INDIANA UNIVERSITY. I attached this poster for another reason. It's so frustrating hearing and reading such negativity about the players and Archies lack of coaching.

Look at every player on this poster I've attached and tell me which player or players that should be playing on this team, at this level, every game, contributing consistently to help us win.

I continue to look at it and just can't find enough players to compete day in and day out in the Big Ten. I constantly pick Juwan, Romeo and Rob...That is where I stop. Jerome should be in this upper tier list too, but...not this year.

I should be including Deron (still hampered with injuries). Al and Justin are getting better, but not there yet. 

I see No one else that even make the cut. I remind myself of this everyday when I get discouraged. Myself, as a fan, I will not give up, though it pains me ....and Archie will not give up on these boys.

20190124_074121.thumb.jpg.4cf6068c288f686938cc162e803efeec.jpg

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Seasons since '00-'01 with 10 or more losses - 'Blue Blood' division

Kansas - 1

Duke - 2

Michigan State - 8

North Carolina - 8

Kentucky - 9

UCLA - 11

Indiana - 14, and really working hard on 15

Can we stop calling ourselves a blue blood now?

Then we wouldn't be on this list, which is nice.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah I really do.  Play him along side Juwan......see how it works.  

Actually, I agree with this experiment, but I'm thinking that Archie already knows the outcome. When you really evaluate, shooting is by FAR  the biggest weakness of this team, and adding Cliff does nothing to solve that problem! Damezi and Fitz were supposed to alleviate some of the shooting woes, but they were a combined 0/6 tonight from 3? Archie can't shoot the ball for them!

Just now, Drroogh said:

Actually, I agree with this experiment, but I'm thinking that Archie already knows the outcome. When you really evaluate, shooting is by FAR  the biggest weakness of this team, and adding Cliff does nothing to solve that problem! Damezi and Fitz were supposed to alleviate some of the shooting woes, but they were a combined 0/6 tonight from 3? Archie can't shoot the ball for them!

The weakness of this team right now is we can't beat anyone.  How many beatdowns do we have to take before you try something different.  Hell, Race is supposed to be able to hit the occasional 3.  Why not give him 4-5 minutes tonight once the game was out of hand to see what he can do.  Those 4-5 would not have changed the outcome of this game, but could make a difference in a future game that Race may help on.

First of all thank Goodness I watched this game in a public place because we took my brother to Ale Emporium in Fishers for his birthday.  If I watched it at home my family room probably have been destroyed.  I can't remember the last time I have been so disappointed in an IU team than I am in this team.  How can this team go down so far I the 3 weeks because we did beat some good team in the 12-2 start.  I am not going to call out individuals because everyone associated with this program is at fault and everyone need to do some sole searching.  it seems like everyone has checked out and don't seem like they even want to be on the court.  These players need to decide what they want out of their careers at IU because they have to decide if they want to be a player at IU.  

There has to be a change after this season and the players who don't want to give everything they have to compete for IU needs to find another place to play.  Archie also needs to change the way he coaches especially on the offensive end of the floor because what he is doing right now is not working.

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

To be honest, I really don't even know how Archie evaluates anything even though it is right in front of his eyes.  I said it weeks ago, if I was the coach McRoberts and Fitzner would never see the floor again.  And they are seniors that do nothing.  I will take my chances with the young guys.  

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think Drroogh wanted to stress his point.  :coffee:

Yet he was wrong the first four times he said it...but I give him credit for being consistent and sticking to his guns like he has all year. I mean it is like him and Archie have the same mindset. We’ve seen what...20games now this year of McRoberts and Fitz getting major minutes but he is going to stick by his guns...i admire that...if it wasn’t so dang wrong in this instance.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Seasons since '00-'01 with 10 or more losses - 'Blue Blood' division

Kansas - 1

Duke - 2

Michigan State - 8

North Carolina - 8

Kentucky - 9

UCLA - 11

Indiana - 14, and really working hard on 15

Can we stop calling ourselves a blue blood now?

I think if Archie panned out the way we hoped we could still consider ourselves. Now? It's just awkward...

1 minute ago, rico said:

To be honest, I really don't even know how Archie evaluates anything even though it is right in front of his eyes.  I said it weeks ago, if I was the coach McRoberts and Fitzner would never see the floor again.  And they are seniors that do nothing.  I will take my chances with the young guys.  

At this point Archie must think he can salvage the season...but it ain’t happening unless something changes...but nothing changes if we’ll you don’t change things. I think he is afraid of going like 500 again by experimenting with young guys and getting them experience for next year. Funny thing is he might just have some success if he changes things up.

Archived