NBA Thread

Just now, IU Scott said:

The last couple of years who have we had on to long. We got two future all stars for PG so that trade ended up well. We got a good player for VO who wanted out and was injured.

Omg Scott. Isn’t part of the problem guys keep wanting out of our organization. Doesn’t that say something to you? We got a horrible return for Paul George. Literally was a top 5 talent in the league at the time. That would be like Boston trading Jason Tatum for Julius Randle and RJ Barrett. We’ve literally gone from a team that could at least battle for the ECF to battling for too 10 picks. Not all Allstars are created equal. You don’t get rid of your superstars you build around them. We still have no one on this team of the PG caliber (in his prime). Turners value is probably as close to as high as is was 3 years ago…now’s the time to move him. Buddy…what are we holding on to him for? We have two good point guards…what are we doing with TJ? That doesn’t just apply to this year but that’s the same story we’ve seen for several years. I pray we make the right moves but history is telling me not to keep my hopes up. Duarte, Goga, Holiday, TJ Leaf, Plumlee, Hansboro…ugh 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They talked about him this morning and said he stayed healthy this year but only played in 65 games

Yeah, 65 games is basically healthy, especially considering he was with Washington. 

I'll take 65 games and healthy for the playoffs in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, 65 games is basically healthy, especially considering he was with Washington. 

Yep that’s good nowadays. Celtics are deep enough it isn’t about the regular season….if he is healthy during the playoffs that is all that matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Omg Scott. Isn’t part of the problem guys keep wanting out of our organization. Doesn’t that say something to you? We got a horrible return for Paul George. Literally was a top 5 talent in the league at the time. That would be like Boston trading Jason Tatum for Julius Randle and RJ Barrett. We’ve literally gone from a team that could at least battle for the ECF to battling for too 10 picks. Not all Allstars are created equal. You don’t get rid of your superstars you build around them. We still have no one on this team of the PG caliber (in his prime). Turners value is probably as close to as high as is was 3 years ago…now’s the time to move him. Buddy…what are we holding on to him for? We have two good point guards…what are we doing with TJ? That doesn’t just apply to this year but that’s the same story we’ve seen for several years. I pray we make the right moves but history is telling me not to keep my hopes up. Duarte, Goga, Holiday, TJ Leaf, Plumlee, Hansboro…ugh 

Wasn't that 4-7 years ago. I am talking about now and the last couple of years the organization has been very good.  Also is this off season over tonight because there is going to be more moves. How about names like Haliburton, Nemhardt, Mathurin, Turner, Jackson, Neismith, just a few of our moves the last few years.  I don't care what the organization did 5 years ago but what is happening now. We will never agree here and from what I have seen and heard you are in the minority on this subject 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

When in the world did missing 17 games become being being healthy.  Unless you have a major injury you should play at least 75

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The mock I saw had the Thompson twins going 4 and 5. Had Black at 6

If any of them fall that’s my preference. Would love to move up if that’s what it takes to land any of these guys. Obviously Victor, Scoot, and Miller probably wouldn’t fall.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When in the world did missing 17 games become being being healthy.  Unless you have a major injury you should play at least 75

I dont know, the last decade or so. You skipped the point that he played for Washington who was actively tanking. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I dont know, the last decade or so. You skipped the point that he played for Washington who was actively tanking. 

Scott tells me not to bring up the Pacers past but then is still living in it thinking guys are going to play 75 games a year. The nba mvp played 66 games this year. Seriously 75!?

Porzingis will be restricted. Guys that especially have injury history and on such a deep team will be managed accordingly…and yet that won’t effect their seeding most likely.

Just now, dgambill said:

Scott tells me not to bring up the Pacers past but then is still living in it thinking guys are going to play 75 games a year. The nba mvp played 66 games this year. Seriously 75!?

Porzingis will be restricted. Guys that especially have injury history and on such a deep team will be managed accordingly…and yet that won’t effect their seeding most likely.

To me it is a sad affair when guys sit games when not injured. I saw a lot of all time greats play 75+ games a year. Buddy Held had a streak of over 240 straight games played so it can be done

This just in….the NBA has ordered the Spurs to trade the #1 pick to the LA Lakers for a 2045, 47, and 49 first rd picks. 

To ensure they don’t get blamed for rigging the system they have also ordered Charlotte to trade the #2 pick to Boston for the same trade package.

😏

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Yep. That’s my Pacers. 

I honestly know nothing about this kid. 

Pacers didn’t pick a guy who was destined to be a mediocrity and took a big swing.   Let’s see.  They could have taken in a safer guy who was never going to matter but took a shot.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno