NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The max in the WNBA is $235k, but still, thats not a lot for an athlete. Lots of those ladies could earn more doing something besides basketball. 

That’s for veterans over 6+ years….rookie wage scale below…she gotta sell a lot of corn flakes.

IMG_2495.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That’s for veterans over 6+ years….rookie wage scale below…she gotta sell a lot of corn flakes.

IMG_2495.png

I am sure she will do fine financially. She will still have her State Farm ads plus Nike 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Wow. 

It’s why so many stay in school…become a small fish in a big pond or stay in college and be the big fish in small pond. Certainly she and the Fever will do very very well though as she is an anomaly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

With 10 minutes to go in the second quarter the Pacers are down to NO 57-26

First quarter NO was 20/22 from the field. The two misses they got an offensive rebound and scored. 

Until they get serious about defense it’s going to be hard to take them serious in the playoffs. They are fun and exciting on offense at least but dangerous…maybe in the East as outside Boston it’s a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Celtics and Nuggets…it’s interesting because I think they both matchup well with each other. Long athletic wings for Denver to throw at Tatum and Brown…two bigs that can play all over the floor. Good depth on both sides. Would make for a great series.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

I have a very difficult watching them due to the extreme inconsistency. 

I'm not the most knowledgeable NBA guy so take my thoughts at 50/50 at best....but we talked about this like 3 weeks ago. Losing to bad teams the way they have is just frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Pacers have 13 losses to teams currently in the lottery. Tightening things up vs the worst teams just by half would have them at a 2 seed.

Fouling up 3 with 5 seconds to go came back to haunt them last night

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 4:10 PM, Seeking6 said:

I'm not the most knowledgeable NBA guy so take my thoughts at 50/50 at best....but we talked about this like 3 weeks ago. Losing to bad teams the way they have is just frustrating.

Their style of basketball lends itself to being inconsistent. Defensive identity lends itself to having a consistent team…something to hang your hat on when the shots don’t drop for stretches. Most of the time they don’t even care about that end of the floor it’s how fast can we get back to the other end so we can get a shot up. When it’s rolling of course they are great but on nights and stretches when it isn’t there…and better defensive teams limit out run outs etc…it’s bad. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:26 PM, IU Scott said:

Pacers just sucks right now. They haven't look the same since the Heild trade. Hailburton is not even close to being the same player he was before his injury.

Well they lost that spark that Ben brought…this team was always pretty fragile…very thin at the guard position.