NBA Thread

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Did y'all see what Haliburton wore to the post game presser?

GN-jgV1WwAAt4ky.thumb.jpeg.b13abe04afbb0f0abd92d2151b982a0d.jpeg

😁

From my small minded former season ticket holder we finally have guys embracing not only Indy but the past. Love me some Oshkosh. 

Now we just wait to see what Boston has. Shoot the Bucks won one why not us? Empty the clip. Playing with severe house $ at this point.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers 39 points after 1 quarter 

Minnesota has 38 points at the half 

Nuggets were up 58-38 when I turned the game on. T-Pups went crazy after that, unreal. Minnesota vs Indiana NBA Finals, a guy can dream a little, right? 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Nuggets were up 58-38 when I turned the game on. T-Pups went crazy after that, unreal. Minnesota vs Indiana NBA Finals, a guy can dream a little, right? 😎

Afraid Boston will make easy work of the Pacers…probably of the West champ too. I thought Denver was the team that could take them but Minnesota was always going to be a tough matchup for the Nuggets.

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Listening to the broadcast was rough.  Feels like they barely gave the Pacers any credit. They were lucky to be in this round tbh. If Embiid was healthy they probably lose to the Sixers. 

We got Bucks without Giannis and NY without…well 90% of their starting lineup. I won’t complain but gotta admit we’ve been the benefit of some beat up teams and we were lucky to get by the two we did.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

We got Bucks without Giannis and NY without…well 90% of their starting lineup. I won’t complain but gotta admit we’ve been the benefit of some beat up teams and we were lucky to get by the two we did.

Well Boston got Miami without Jimmy Butler and the Cavs without a couple of starters. You don't hear anything about that but you do with the Pacers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

The Knicks and Bucks should keep their guys healthy.  Sucks to suck.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

As a Knicks fan, I can honestly say I have always hated Stephen A. Smith.  Self-promoting ass.  Always looking for a sound bite.  All flash, no substance.  Wish he wasn’t a Knicks fan. FYI -   I’m very worried about today’s game. Just too many injuries to overcome.  Either way, both team can take a lot away from their progress this year regardless of what happens today and hopefully both can build on the momentum next year because NBA is better with both NY and Indy being contenders.  Oh, and F the Pacers!  LFG Knicks!!  lol!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Afraid Boston will make easy work of the Pacers…probably of the West champ too. I thought Denver was the team that could take them but Minnesota was always going to be a tough matchup for the Nuggets.

We better get used to another series full of being the un-appreciated and TOTALLY overlooked! However, I was was trolling a Celtics message board and this post caught my eye.

This is the way I'm feeling....

Re: EC FINALS, Gm 1 – Pacers @ Celtics – 8:00PM, Tues, May 21, 2024 

•  

Post#209 » by jonige94 » less than a minute ago

Gonna be a way tougher series than people anticipate, the Pacers are deep, and their offense is really good, everyone is moving, a lot of actions which are tough to guard.

We're gonna need Porzingis.

14 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Listening to the broadcast was rough.  Feels like they barely gave the Pacers any credit. They were lucky to be in this round tbh. If Embiid was healthy they probably lose to the Sixers. 

Yes. The tools at ABC/ESPN had their lips fully locked on the Knicks' butts this whole series. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think you could easily say the Knicks don’t make it past the Sixers if Embiid was healthy.  Multiple Knicks were out before the playoffs even started. Sure having OG hurt didn’t help but Thibs is known for playing his guys a ton and they wore down. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think you could easily say the Knicks don’t make it past the Sixers if Embiid was healthy.  Multiple Knicks were out before the playoffs even started. Sure having OG hurt didn’t help but Thibs is known for playing his guys a ton and they wore down. 

The Pacers has been without Mathurin for the last couple of months as well 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I just can't imagine bringing up injuries to a Pacers fan lol 

• Like 1

I can't remember which game but there was a screen showing that the Pacers had 7 players scoring double figures in the playoffs and showed the other teams that have had that many and I think most if not all of them (weren't many) won the title.

Tried a quick Google research and couldn't find it.

I’ll be rooting for the Pacers, but this will be a strange series for me, because I grew up a Celtics fan watching Russell, Havlicek, KC Jones, and then of course, the Bird, Parish and McHale teams. If it was anybody other than the Pacers, I’d be pulling for the Celtics.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

The other thing with the Pacers is they have made a ton of great moves, winning across the board.  They now have put together a lot of assets.  Do not be surprised if they consolidate a couple of pieces for an impact player.

Trading for Haliburton (gave up a nice player to get a great player), stealing Siakim from TOR, tradiing the corpse of Brogdon for Nesmith, trading second rounders for Toppin, getting Nembhardt in the second round, on and on.

• Like 2