NBA Thread

And if the Bucks had to play a healthy big three in Brooklyn a couple of years back along with CP3 with the Suns in the Finals, they probably don't win the 'ship.  Injuries happen.  You could go through season after season and do the same thing. 

The Knicks might as well have been built of brittle paper and I'm not sure they are better with some of those pieces back in the rotation.  I think in a weird way the injuries created a team that was more effective for them and when everyone is back, they will struggle find their roles.  Also, Brunson will have to figure out a way to not dribble around and try to draw fouls.  That works to a point, but also doesn't a lot at times.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The other thing with the Pacers is they have made a ton of great moves, winning across the board.  They now have put together a lot of assets.  Do not be surprised if they consolidate a couple of pieces for an impact player.

Trading for Haliburton (gave up a nice player to get a great player), stealing Siakim from TOR, tradiing the corpse of Brogdon for Nesmith, trading second rounders for Toppin, getting Nembhardt in the second round, on and on.

The Pacers finally got a GM who understands how to build a roster in IN.  Pritchard has been wheelin and dealin with the best of em

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

The Pacers finally got a GM who understands how to build a roster in IN.  Pritchard has been wheelin and dealin with the best of em

It helps that the owner has finally let his basketball people do their jobs. I remember before the trade for Haliburton, Simon was telling them "I like our little team". Yeah, the team that had not even been to the playoffs in years, let alone not winning a playoff series for about a decade. That has always been his mind-set until KP and Carlisle basically pushed him into letting them do what they needed to do.

• Like 1

I've never been one of the these small market honks. Each team can do what they are willing. Owners are billionaires. They can spend it if they want...with that said whoever mentioned Pacers GM early identifying guys that want to be in Indiana is huge.

Small hat tip to Dan Patrick today talking about the slurpfest the 4 letter network was giving to Knicks. 

House $ now. I don't know Boston's roster other than the obvious....is Porzingis or whatever his name is coming back? 

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....Stephen A. just can't shut up! He's now saying a healthy Knicks would beat the Pacers in 5. Let it go dude.

As far as I'm concerned, the Pacers won 5 out of 7 games against the Knicks.  Game 1 was ours.  Nobody is going to tell me different.  We were on the receiving end of a hose job during that game.  We win that, it may not go beyond 5 games, but we still came back and won 4 out of the last 5 to take the series.  

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never been one of the these small market honks. Each team can do what they are willing. Owners are billionaires. They can spend it if they want...with that said whoever mentioned Pacers GM early identifying guys that want to be in Indiana is huge.

Small hat tip to Dan Patrick today talking about the slurpfest the 4 letter network was giving to Knicks. 

House $ now. I don't know Boston's roster other than the obvious....is Porzingis or whatever his name is coming back? 

Porzingis is ruled out for Game 1. 

• Like 1

Pacers chocked that game in regulation. Two turnovers in the last 30 seconds up 3. Last one was with 10 seconds and couldn't get the ball inbounds and threw it away. They had to foul us so if we got the ball inbounds we probably win the game. Now OT

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

+20 at the FT Line for the Celtics. Turnovers don't help but WWE showing it's face once again. We'll regroup and see what's up Thursday.

How do they get to the line that much when you shoot 46 3's

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

22 turnovers is the reason we will lose this game. I also question how a team like Boston shoots 45 3's can still get to the line 28 times to the Pacers 6 free throws 

Despite all that, if we just get the ball in play at the end of regulation, we win!