NBA Thread

Melo's camp said they have multiple  options.  I don't see it with the pacers but he would be a cheap 1 year contract for a "scorer".  He'd most likely be a bust and I don't see it happening.  I think he's waiting for a contender and content to workout on his own for now and forgo the season of travel.  

Pacers won't touch conely or gasol.  Both have terrible contracts and you'd have to give up too much anyways.  Some are talking about trading Thad who has nice value.  I would entertain it and let him be in on the talks.  Let him essentially choose where he goes and bring him back next year and let him retire a pacer in a few years.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Melo's camp said they have multiple  options.  I don't see it with the pacers but he would be a cheap 1 year contract for a "scorer".  He'd most likely be a bust and I don't see it happening.  I think he's waiting for a contender and content to workout on his own for now and forgo the season of travel.  

Pacers won't touch conely or gasol.  Both have terrible contracts and you'd have to give up too much anyways.  Some are talking about trading That how has nice value.  I would entertain it and let him be in on the talks.  Let him essentially choose where he goes and bring him back next year and let him retire a pacer in a few years.  

I don't want Carmelo anywhere near the pacers. Thad is my favorite player on the Pacers so I would hate to trade him.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I don't want Carmelo anywhere near the pacers. Thad is my favorite player on the Pacers so I would hate to trade him.

I just think the writing is on the wall as far as a playoff run goes.  It's tough because their is chemistry.  If say identify who you want long term and let them get the playoff experience but beyond that, trade away.   If Thad can pull a late 1st rounder you do it don't you?  

Check this.  We have lots of interesting expiring contracts.  Maybe pair OQuinn and Joseph to a playoff team looking for depth, or if Evans keeps rolling like he has here recently,  someone looking for a scorer off the bench.  https://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana_pacers/

Bojan turns 30 in April. 

Edited by NotIThatLives

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I just think the writing is on the wall as far as a playoff run goes.  It's tough because their is chemistry.  If say identify who you want long term and let them get the playoff experience but beyond that, trade away.   If Thad can pull a late 1st rounder you do it don't you?  

I do not agree with that because in the NBA a late first round pick is not that valuable

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Lebron has milage on those wheels.  You give them basically whatever they ask for and take your chances with playoff Rondo, LeBron, Davis, probably Melo, who you could hide defensively with LeBron and Davis.  

Respectfully, nope. Unless you want to help out the Lakers in your own conference, you wait, with a one-year contract in hand, until the Celtics (and possibly others) come forward with a better offer for your team's future.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

What is Thad worth?  These guys are all expiring contracts.  This is no longer a deep playoff team.  What would you suggest?

I would try to add to the team instead of subtracting because the East is not that dominate and think we could still make it tot he second round of the playoffs.

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would try to add to the team instead of subtracting because the East is not that dominate and think we could still make it tot he second round of the playoffs.

What about the expiring contracts?  What's the point of making the 2nd round and getting beat 4-1 and then 6 guys are no longer on the team and you literally got nothing from them.  That's why I said, identify who you want here long term.  It probably involves Thad but it's a business.  If you make a gentleman's contract and day we'll bring you back on a 3 year deal and retire you a pacer but we are going to flip you for a first rounder right now.  

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If Davis has been brainwashed by his agent and LeBron, that's all good, but one team lurking that I think would be great for him for the long haul would be Dallas.  Teaming Davis with Doncic would be sick.

I don't know, I think if you're Davis you want to go play with veterans, and does Dallas even have assets to get that done? The Pelicans would probably want Doncic in order to give up Davis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Right. I cant see the Pelicans agreeing to that. 

I've been reading all the talking heads.  The only other offer close to kyrie would be ben Simmons.  O and a broken acl porzingas.  

Unless they want assets or Lakers that may or may not ever be all stars.  Kyrie is by far the best player they can get unless they think they are draft geniuses.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

Reports are that Davis would sign an extension with the Knicks, they are expected to send a hefty offer over.  My guess is he goes to Boston/Knicks/Lakers

Jrue Holiday said 90% of the reason for returning to the Pelicans was due to Anthony Davis.  My guess is he is next to go, Pacers should offer Evans($12.5 mill this season)/Collison($10 mill this season)/1st rd pick for Jrue.  Jrue is 28 years old, Conley is 31 and both have similar contracts(Conley has two years after this season and Holiday has 3 years after this season).  Jrue would be due $25 mill this season, $26 mill 2019-2020, $25 mill 2020-2021 with a player option for 2021-2020.  Jrue's wife has ties to Indiana with Lauren and his younger brother is here in Indy.

2019-2020 Season Depth Chart

Starters:  Jrue/Vic(sign veteran SG to fill in until Vic returns, then he competes with Sumner for back SG minutes)/resign Bojan($12 mill per year)/resign Thad($12 mill per year)/Turner

Bench:  Aaron/Sumner/Doug/Leaf/Sabonis

I would be fine with this for next season, they could also find a cheap SG to back up Vic or start for Vic until he returns next season.  Remember, Indianapolis is not a big ticket location for prizes Free Agents.  I think Jrue is a great defender, can score and can make his teammates better like Conley does. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055