NBA Thread

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I retract my Ad for Kyrie.  Not happening unless Kyrie would extend, which he won't.  

Plus I don't think Boston would do it. If you're Boston, you're looking to add AD to Kyrie, not swap them out. You're goal would be to pack only 1 of Brown/Tatum, filler and picks. Going forward you'd have something like:

AD/Baynes

Horford/Morris

Brown/Morris/Hayward

Smart/Hayward

Kyrie/Rozier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Plus I don't think Boston would do it. If you're Boston, you're looking to add AD to Kyrie, not swap them out. You're goal would be to pack only 1 of Brown/Tatum, filler and picks. Going forward you'd have something like:

AD/Baynes

Horford/Morris

Brown/Morris/Hayward

Smart/Hayward

Kyrie/Rozier

That’s a goal but if Boston wants AD, they’ll most likely  need to do more than that. Brown or Tatum plus “filler” and picks for AD? 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That’s a goal but if Boston wants AD, they’ll most likely  need to do more than that. Brown or Tatum plus “filler” and picks for AD? 

"Filler" wasn't the right word. I didn't mean something like Tatum, Ojeleye and a pick. I just meant from the available options, and assuming Rozier, Morris and Horford might be off the table due to their contracts, and I don't think the Pels would want Hayward given the injury recovery and size of the contract. I think the sticking point would be Brown and Tatum vs. Brown or Tatum. Maybe it's Tatum, 2 first rounders and some combination of Smart, Robert Williams, and another player?

If I'm Ainge I only want to give up one of Brown/Tatum, if I'm New Orleans I want both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

History says they won't get the haul you speak of.  

Khawi top 5 and danny green vs derozen top 20 and a late pick

Pg top 15 vs at the time oladipo and sabonis probably top 75 and top 200.

Kyrie top 12 vs a broke down version of IT and correction nets 1st rounder

Edited by NotIThatLives

All I'm saying is if the Lakers, who it is now widely reported is the only team he'll extend with, best offer is a combination of ball(cancer), kuzma, Ingram, and a late pick, why would Danny Ainge let them fleece him of a future star in Tatum, nice bench pieces with playoff experience and 3 first round picks.   That's by far and away by at least 2 times a better deal than anyone else could offer.  That's why I'm saying Ainge has never lost a trade and probably won't this time either, whether he gets AD or not.  

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

History says they won't get the haul you speak of.  

Khawi top 5 vs derozen top 20

Pg top 15 vs at the time oladipo and sabonis probably top 75 and top 200.

Kyrie top 12 vs a broke down version of IT and a late 1st rounder.  

I think you mean PG top 5 -- :)

Kidding, but man he is clearly playing at a top 10 level this season.

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

All I'm saying is if the Lakers, who it is now widely reported is the only team he'll extend with, best offer is a combination of ball(cancer), kuzma, Ingram, and a late pick, why would Danny Ainge let them fleece him of a future star in Tatum, nice bench pieces with playoff experience and 3 first round picks.   That's by far and away by at least 2 times a better deal than anyone else could offer.  That's why I'm saying Ainge has never lost a trade and probably won't this time either, whether he gets AD or not.  

It's a wild next week for sure, and assuming it goes past that, will be a wild run to July. AD is a top 3 talent. Boston has been in the Pels' ear to get AD for a good year now, they really, really want him in Green. You pair him with Kyrie and at least some of those other guys Boston has, and they are immediately a big time title contender. They're already a title contender, but with AD, well, that's just sick, and the Golden State ridiculousness of adding KD just might get overshadowed. 

40 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't mean you give up all your picks. But, you're going to have to give up probably two firsts (one being the Celtics own, which won't be a great one). But yes, as much as I love Tatum I would trade him in a heartbeat for Anthony Davis. I wouldn't even think twice. But to your point, I would first do whatever I could to build the deal around Brown and 1st round picks to start, but if it came down to Tatum or no deal, I'm trading Tatum. 

Tatum has a chance to be a really good one, but Davis is already a great one. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I didn't mean you give up all your picks. But, you're going to have to give up probably two firsts (one being the Celtics own, which won't be a great one). But yes, as much as I love Tatum I would trade him in a heartbeat for Anthony Davis. I wouldn't even think twice. But to your point, I would first do whatever I could to build the deal around Brown and 1st round picks to start, but if it came down to Tatum or no deal, I'm trading Tatum. 

Tatum has a chance to be a really good one, but Davis is already a great one. 

True.  As far as I can tell, UK paid more for Davis than any other player they have ever recruited.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

AD fined $50K for his agent's public trade demand. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25879816/anthony-davis-new-orleans-pelicans-fined-50000-public-trade-demand-agent

He probably just pulled out his wallet and paid it...

I am glad he was fined.  It undermines the Pelicans.  I have a tendency to sympathize with the smaller market teams when their stars do this stuff, especially publicly.  There is no reason this needs to be out in the public.  They could have spoken with the Pelican management.  

I hope he doesn't get into LeBron's grips.  Great player but he starts his self-serving manipulation of patsy younger players who are blinded by his legend.  And of course Rich Paul has been trying to make a career out of being one of LeBron's flunkies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why are you referring to Lonzo as a cancer?

Many Lakers fans would want us to keep Lonzo out of everyone in the young core.

If we get a deal done for AD, Kuzma will be in it no matter what. 

I think it’s interesting that since the Fall Kyrie has said he’s resigning with the Celtics. Even during the season he’s made comments about the Celtics future as a team (in the sense it’s with him included). Then all of the sudden Anthony Davis announces he wants a trade, basically giving the Lakers 9 days to get him without the Celtics involved, and within 24 hours there’s all these reports of Kyrie might not come back. Even tonight the report is he wants to play with LeBron again. 

I’m going conspiracy theory here, but seems to me LeBron, through Rich Paul, is pulling all the strings here. 

• Like 1

Lebron did an Instagram post yesterday and did an @ to Kyrie.  It was a song in the video and it was clearly Lebron making it clear he was good to get back to playing with Kyrie.

As someone posted above I feel like the next CBA the NBA needs to figure out a way to stop this. Not sure exactly what they do and  It’s going to be hard but these small market teams and fans deserve better than to be treated like this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Lebron did an Instagram post yesterday and did an @ to Kyrie.  It was a song in the video and it was clearly Lebron making it clear he was good to get back to playing with Kyrie.

As someone posted above I feel like the next CBA the NBA needs to figure out a way to stop this. Not sure exactly what they do and  It’s going to be hard but these small market teams and fans deserve better than to be treated like this.

I see what you’re saying, but Boston ain’t a small market team, lol.  I feel like it will be nearly impossible to stop the players from arranging these things themselves, but it does present a difficult issue.  Bottom line is, in the current system, small market teams need to provide superstar players with what they need to compete for championships.

Davis was in New Orleans for 7 years of his prime, and they never once put a championship level team around him.  So now he wants out.  One way to prevent this would maybe be to allow teams to void guaranteed money on a player’s contract if they force their way out.  But I doubt the players would agree to that in the next CBA.

• Like 1