NBA Thread

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Wow. Quite a haul for the Pelicans in Ball, Kuz, Ingram and two 1sts.

It does look good, but wonder if that's really enough.

Objectively, those guys without LeBron on the floor can't win games, at least at this stage of their development. The 2 firsts help. 

Then there's still the fact that Boston has a better haul to offer, better players who have won well, including getting the C's to the conference finals last year without Kyrie and Hayward.

If I'm the Pels, I wait. Won't this deal also still be available if they don't bite now? Will be interesting to see for sure if the Pels do or don't go for this.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Objectively, those guys without LeBron on the floor can't win games, at least at this stage of their development. The 2 firsts help. 

Then there's still the fact that Boston has a better haul to offer, better players who have won well, including getting the C's to the conference finals last year without Kyrie and Hayward.

If I'm the Pels, I wait. Won't this deal also still be available if they don't bite now? Will be interesting to see for sure if the Pels do or don't go for this.

Not sure why the Celtics would make a big offer when AD doesn't want to go there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

There's a difference between "I want to go to LA" and "I don't want to go to Boston, which I feel is a racist city."

Honestly wouldn't read too much into that kind of stuff. PG made very clear, supposedly, the only place he wanted to go was LA. Everyone here, you loudly (lol) said he was LA bound. Thunder made him feel at home. Kawhi as well has made clear, supposedly, that he wants to go to Cali. He said he didn't want to go to Toronto. Now both he and PG are excelling, leading their teams to the top of their conferences. PG obviously signed, Kawhi may well. AD's and LeBron's mutual agent is pushing this deal. AD probably does want to join LeBron, but it would a 35-year old LeBron with his whole current supporting cast gone, and a need to pull in others (maybe Kyrie, etc.) to the Lakers. This isn't so clear, imo, that's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think that's the best offer they get. The Celtics have more to offer, but I don't see them as willing to part with it. 

The going rate for All-Stars who have asked out and stated they want to sign in LA isn't all that high; I'd say comparatively the Lakers offer is better than the Thunder for PG and pretty close to what Kawhi was traded for. 

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think that's the best offer they get. The Celtics have more to offer, but I don't see them as willing to part with it. 

The going rate for All-Stars who have asked out and stated they want to sign in LA isn't all that high; I'd say comparatively the Lakers offer is better than the Thunder for PG and pretty close to what Kawhi was traded for. 

You could be right, interested to see how this pans out for sure. AD is a top 3 talent.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

You could be right, interested to see how this pans out for sure. AD is a top 3 talent.

He probably is a top 3 talent, and he certainly has less health question marks than PG or KL did when they were dealt. 

I just don't see the Celtics offering any more than that Lakers offer even if they have it. I think one thing that will work against the Celtics in the coming years is Ainge has such a reputation for fleecing teams that there will caution when dealing with the Celtics. 

What else do the Pelicans want? I don't even care what happens at this point. If they're not taking this offer, whatever. 

I really don't see the hype with Jayson Tatum. 

Are the Pelicans leaking this through the media to try and get more from us? Wouldn't see how that's the case, we're offering the farm.

Lonzo: 10-5-5-2 on 41% Rozier: 9-4-3-1 on 38%

Ingram: 17-5-3 on 48% Brown: 12-4-1 on 44%

Kuzma: 19-6-3 on 47% Tatum: 16-6-2 on 45%

:coffee:

1 minute ago, KDB said:

What else do the Pelicans want? I don't even care what happens at this point. If they're not taking this offer, whatever. 

I really don't see the hype with Jayson Tatum. 

Are the Pelicans leaking this through the media to try and get more from us? Wouldn't see how that's the case, we're offering the farm.

Lonzo: 10-5-5-2 on 41% Rozier: 9-4-3-1 on 38%

Ingram: 17-5-3 on 48% Brown: 12-4-1 on 44%

Kuzma: 19-6-3 on 47% Tatum: 16-6-2 on 45%

:coffee:

I think the real big difference is that Celtics have other teams first round picks to throw in. The Lakers own pics, if they have Davis, LeBron and another star player they acquire in the offseason aren’t going to be worth much. The Celtics own picks won’t be worth a ton either, but the Celtics also have upcoming picks from Memphis, Sacramento and the Clippers. Those picks have a chance to be really valuable  

As far as the Celtics young guys vs. the Lakers, definitely not a ton of difference in the stats. As HH pointed out when you’re splitting hairs, the Celtics young guys have delivered in prime time. They’ve done it in the playoffs and come through. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I think the real big difference is that Celtics have other teams first round picks to throw in. The Lakers own pics, if they have Davis, LeBron and another star player they acquire in the offseason aren’t going to be worth much. The Celtics own picks won’t be worth a ton either, but the Celtics also have upcoming picks from Memphis, Sacramento and the Clippers. Those picks have a chance to be really valuable  

As far as the Celtics young guys vs. the Lakers, definitely not a ton of difference in the stats. As HH pointed out when you’re splitting hairs, the Celtics young guys have delivered in prime time. They’ve done it in the playoffs and come through. 

I agree with basically everything you said. I just don't see the Pels getting a better offer than what we're offering. 

We're offering everything that they wanted, and we're willing to take on a bad contract in Solomon Hill. 

I still think there's a chance that a deal gets done before the deadline. Who knows, maybe the Pels end up doing us a favor not taking it now.

Just now, KDB said:

I agree with basically everything you said. I just don't see the Pels getting a better offer than what we're offering. 

We're offering everything that they wanted, and we're willing to take on a bad contract in Solomon Hill. 

I still think there's a chance that a deal gets done before the deadline. Who knows, maybe the Pels end up doing us a favor not taking it now.

The Celtics can make a better offer though.

I think the Pels might pull the trigger now though, because clearly Rich Paul and LeBron are running this thing, but I don’t know why they would pull the trigger now. It just makes sense to find out how the lottery shakes out and to get the Celtics and others involved. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The Celtics can make a better offer though.

I think the Pels might pull the trigger now though, because clearly Rich Paul and LeBron are running this thing, but I don’t know why they would pull the trigger now. It just makes sense to find out how the lottery shakes out and to get the Celtics and others involved. 

They can, but will they? AD has made it pretty clear he has no interest in resigning with the Celtics if he were traded there.

His own father said he wouldn't want his son playing for the Celtics. 

I don't think I would be surprised if Ainge went all in for AD hoping that they can convince him and Kyrie to stay long term. 

Imagine if Ainge included Tatum in a deal for AD and neither him or Kyrie stayed.. Yikes.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hard to filter through what is real and what is either posturing or disinformation. 

End of the day, what the Lakers are offering right now will still be there after the deadline, along with other offers to weigh. Why rush into it if you’re the Pels? You hold the cards, not the Lakers, 

Brad Turner believes that if the Pelicans don't accept the Lakers offer now the Lakers would move on to other FA's this summer.

Will be interesting to see what the Pelicans end up deciding to do.

If they wait for Ainge and he ends up not giving them what he's promising while LA is no longer in the AD market, that is the Pelicans loss.

Yogi with a smooth 19 points in 17 minutes of action vs Spurs last night. Perfect 7-7 from field with 4-4 from 3. Nice to see one of the best pure PG's this state has had do so well when given a chance. Plenty of similarities between he and Carsen Edwards. One thing we know as of today is that Yogi is having success in NBA. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KDB said:

Brad Turner believes that if the Pelicans don't accept the Lakers offer now the Lakers would move on to other FA's this summer.

If they wait for Ainge and he ends up not giving them what he's promising while LA is no longer in the AD market, that is the Pelicans loss.

Now that’s posturing! No way LeBron (whose decision this is) backs off, he (and his agent) wants AD with the Lakers. 2 days to go for the deadline, but it’s not going away if the Pels don’t bite now 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yogi with a smooth 19 points in 17 minutes of action vs Spurs last night. Perfect 7-7 from field with 4-4 from 3. Nice to see one of the best pure PG's this state has had do so well when given a chance. Plenty of similarities between he and Carsen Edwards. One thing we know as of today is that Yogi is having success in NBA. 

Great to see, and Sacto is now a pretty good team. They’ve really turned things around this year 

9 hours ago, KDB said:

Agree with HH, there is no way the Lakers back off AD. LeBron and Rich Paul are in charge of this and they're pulling out all of the stops right now with leaking info, etc. 

If I'm the Pels, my one fear is that this almost all rests on Boston going all in. The concern for waiting would be if the Celtics try and low-ball the Pels this summer, or that they aren't willing to put their "all-in" offer together due to AD not agreeing to resign. At that point the Lakers can begin to draw their offer back and not put everything they're putting in now, so the Lakers offer this summer could be worse if Ainge doesn't go all-in. A very interesting game of chicken going on right now between LeBron, the Pels and Ainge. 

Side note/rant, if Davis doesn't want to play in Boston that is fine. Some people want to live in certain places and not others. But this BS that Davis/LeBron are putting out that he doesn't want to play for Boston because of how they treated IT is complete garbage. First, how is Davis being loyal to New Orleans? Secondly, the Celtics made a trade for a better player to improve their team. Third, there isn't an organization that treats former players better than the Celtics.