NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

they are going after Irving and Durant during offseason with now TWO max contract slots!  More than likey going to buy out Wes Mathews and Jordan. 

BUT Luka and Kristops together in Dallas?  OH MY LAWD!  They need one more all start type player and they are a top 5 team for years to come.

So if DeAndre Jordan gets bought out my bet is he goes to Houston with CP3, they'll put their beef to rest and Chase a championship.  Or lakers.  

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How about a frontcourt of LeBron Anthony Davis and DeAndre Jordan. 

Not sure Davis and Jordan would coexist together.  Jordan doesn't leave the paint and Davis isn't a stretch 4 type player.  I would say Lebron/Davis/Thompson if I had to guess

Edited by dwtaylor1055

2 hours ago, Bushmage said:

How cool would it be if the Pacers fell far enough to get Romeo? Although I still don't believe Romeo falls out of the top 10 and it's not likely. It's the only irrational hope that keeps me going to watch Pacers games.

With Oladipo at SG, don't see a need for Romeo.  I guess Romeo could play at SF in a small ball lineup.  He has the length to guard bigger players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hopefully the Pacers can get it turned around but right now they look pretty bad.  Have not watched that much lately since I have watched more college games.

I'm afraid the Pacers are going into a free fall similar to the Hoosiers.  What a shame too.  I truly thought they had a legit chance to win the east.

• Like 1

Well the NBA's all star selection process is again revealed for its failures. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25901582/utah-jazz-center-rudy-gobert-breaks-tears-all-star-game-snub

I don't know about breaking down in tears, but it is a 'crying shame' Gobert was not selected, and guys like Klay Thompson -- who really has not had an all star year at all -- are picked, because fans count for 50% and the media are still, in many respects, ignorant. Then you have the Commiss picking Dirk and Wade, for sentimental reasons.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well the NBA's all star selection process is again revealed for its failures. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25901582/utah-jazz-center-rudy-gobert-breaks-tears-all-star-game-snub

I don't know about breaking down in tears, but it is a 'crying shame' Gobert was not selected, and guys like Klay Thompson -- who really has not had an all star year at all -- are picked, because fans count for 50% and the media are still, in many respects, ignorant. Then you have the Commiss picking Dirk and Wade, for sentimental reasons.

Unfortunately, no matter how many roster spots you have, there will always be a snub.  It's not a problem unique to the NBA.  Heck, it exists in youth leagues all over the country.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, no matter how many roster spots you have, there will always be a snub.  It's not a problem unique to the NBA.  Heck, it exists in youth leagues all over the country.

True in the abstract, but here it's pretty egregious. 

Gobert leads the NBA in win shares and FG percentage, he's 4th overall in blocks, he's the reigning defensive player of the year, he's clearly one of the best defenders in the League -- and they put Dirk and Wade in, after putting Klay in, for whom there's very little room for argument had no business being picked.

3 hours ago, KDB said:

:)

Kind of a ridiculous stance from a guy who’s son just demanded a trade in the middle of the season with an entire year and half still left on his contract, and is demanding to only go to one team. Especially when the Celtics treat former players as well as any team in sports. 

• Thanks 1

PG now 

1st in steals per game

1st in total steals

3d in 3-pointers per game

4th in points per game 

those are MVP level stats, and he’s doing this while leading OKC into contention in the top 3 of the West. He just owned Greek Freak in downing the Bucks during this 7 game win streak.

He’s taken the spot kD used to play, now that the bad 3d wheel is gone.

it’s all about fit. I’m really interested to see what the P’s do for Vic next season. Talk is they’ve backed out of Conley interest. P’s are very close, what they do this summer is key