NBA Thread

9 hours ago, rico said:

Butler does a great post game interview.  That guy is very humble imo.

He really is and it's nice to see a kid develop on/off the court. Wasn't so much that way earlier in his career. He's the kind of player that I would actually watch for a few minutes next season.

Regarding game and history. I wake up this morning and see a few saying no way MJ would allow this series to go 6 games. FYI historians....Jordan had game 6's in 5 of his 6 titles.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rico said:

Then trade him for Butler.

I decided to check the box score. Looked like he was matching Lebron play for play. That’s impressive. I think his attitude and Pat Riley are a perfect match. Great get for them. I think they are one star away from winning it all though. Problem is you would have to break up the nucleus of the team and they are a great team. Just think Butler needs more help...another guy that can take over so he doesn’t have to carry them every game. Maybe Hero becomes that someday or Bam. Figured with their injuries they didn’t have a chance but at lest they are giving a good fight. Glad those that enjoy watching the games are getting a good contest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He really is and it's nice to see a kid develop on/off the court. Wasn't so much that way earlier in his career. He's the kind of player that I would actually watch for a few minutes next season.

Regarding game and history. I wake up this morning and see a few saying no way MJ would allow this series to go 6 games. FYI historians....Jordan had game 6's in 5 of his 6 titles.

MJ is really incredible but sometimes people act like he can walk on water. He had some stinkers too. He also had a much better cast of players than Lebron ford right now. Lebron is probably one of the most gifted and talented players the NBA has ever seen. His mentality sometimes I can question but I know he wants to win very badly. There is no willing your team to win. Willing yourself to the finish line is one thing...but winning is about executing and he played plenty well enough to win...I mean sometimes guys knock down shots (Ray Allen) and sometimes they miss (Green). Or in the MJ case Paxton/Kerr.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

MJ is really incredible but sometimes people act like he can walk on water. He had some stinkers too. He also had a much better cast of players than Lebron ford right now. Lebron is probably one of the most gifted and talented players the NBA has ever seen. His mentality sometimes I can question but I know he wants to win very badly. There is no willing your team to win. Willing yourself to the finish line is one thing...but winning is about executing and he played plenty well enough to win...I mean sometimes guys knock down shots (Ray Allen) and sometimes they miss (Green). Or in the MJ case Paxton/Kerr.

Yep. I sometimes even forget how much Lebron has had to carry some of his teams. Playing at this level for 16-17 years and most of that with the social media scrutiny. Not to mention Lebron has played 3 additional season when you factor in how many playoff games he's been in too. I'm sure the NBA wants this series to go as long as possible but going up against NFL on Sunday evening might not do much for ratings....if that still matters anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I sometimes even forget how much Lebron has had to carry some of his teams. Playing at this level for 16-17 years and most of that with the social media scrutiny. Not to mention Lebron has played 3 additional season when you factor in how many playoff games he's been in too. I'm sure the NBA wants this series to go as long as possible but going up against NFL on Sunday evening might not do much for ratings....if that still matters anymore.

I grew up with Bird, Magic, Isiah, MJ so those guys are mt Rushmore. When Kobe came along I was like no...he isn’t on that level. He isn’t nearly as efficient scorer although he was incredible. I can’t stand Lebron with being anointed “King James” before he even played and the decision omg...then his whining and his social statements well I won’t comment but his play...pretty incredible. He has had some bad moments especially that Dallas series I believe it was but I remember the ECF against the Pistons...most dominant I’ve personally ever witnessed.

• Like 1

What exactly is Rise Together? 

Saw a commercial for game 6 of the playoffs, which I have zero interest in. The tag line was Rise Together.

Are you telling me that the networks have now bought into whatever message that the players are trying to push on the public?

Who exactly is running the show?

I ask in jest because everyone knows that Lebron runs the show.

SMH

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Major kudos to NBA on 172 games since July and zero positive tests and congrats to Lakers. Don't care how they got there or how they were built certain franchises and cities demand titles. I hope the Pacers find a way to do whatever it takes one of these decades.

Calipari to the Pacers!

I kid I kid! Still kills me that Artest screwed that season up with the Brawl in the Palace, P's were a championship contender with that team. 

• Like 1