Princeton at Indiana Post game

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a lighter note I hope Shon Morris commentates the rest of our games the rest of the year. Haha. He has some amazing lines that made me crack up. Not to mention he was very knowledgeable about what was going on and needed to happen.

On a less light note I noticed that against a little better competition our depth was kind of exposed. Anderson had a less than stellar game. Thompson had some brain farts. Hunter as well had some lapses. Franklin didn't see alot of playing time either. You saw though once again Archie used the bench as motivation. That is just my opinion though. 

5-0 though so keep it rolling and hopefully everyone keeps gaining confidence. 

First half looked like your typical Princeton team where they moved the ball and got  a lot of open looks.  The second half the defense was a lot better and made some great adjustment and shut them down.  Green had a very good floor game and made some great passes and if his teammates could hit more layups he would have had double digit assist.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hopefully RP is alright and not have any concussion symptoms from the hit to the top of the head.  He still does not look right on the floor but hopefully having 5 days off until the next game will get him healthier.

The fact that he came back on the bench, after preliminaries. Causes me to think he was cleared.  I think they took him in to to locker room as a precautionary measure. Years ago. Many years ago. They would not have even taken him into the locker room.  That's how much the game has changed.  And I can't say it is not for the better. Better to be safe than sorry.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I may also add the rob seemed to be joking around with Jerome and laughing shortly after he was back on the bench. I think he’s fine.

Affirmative. If he had not been cleared. He would not have been allowed back on the bench.  It's kind of like in football. If they are not sure. They take your helmet away from you. Not the case here.

My favorite move came from Green in the first half. Took the pass outside the arc coming in hot, slowed, fake, stepped inside and hit a buttery smooth 18 footer. Green can move with the best of them, and he's a fearless shooter. But to see him slow down and make a move that not only got him that basket, but made a move that will keep the defender off balance in the future.....thats the sign of a maturing player.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

My favorite move came from Green in the first half. Took the pass outside the arc coming in hot, slowed, fake, stepped inside and hit a buttery smooth 18 footer. Green can move with the best of them, and he's a fearless shooter. But to see him slow down and make a move that not only got him that basket, but made a move that will keep the defender off balance in the future.....thats the sign of a maturing player.

That and the play where he directed Race to set the screen with the shot clock running down so he could drain the 3

I thought it interesting that the close score in the first half could be attributed to the Bigs struggling with the double team (Turnovers and subsequent missed layups) rather than guard play. Princeton was better defensively than what we have seen and we were a bit impatient for about ten minutes in the first half. We rushed a bit and did not move the ball as well during that section, but our defense was fairly solid throughout other than not being able to protect the rim against the dribble drive for those ten minutes...

I think that last year we would have really struggled with Princeton in that our closeouts were much worse last year and that we did not rebound as well and did not turn the other team over well enough. I really feel like our play is much more solid against the teams that we SHOULD beat than it was last year against similar competition...

Archived