Three point shooting back to last year's percentage

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Bingo...Al and Rob too...

And it's less than 37%...

Oh our 5th and 6th most frequent shooters versus their 1 and 2. Totally fair comparison.  If only Rob and Al were taking our 3 pointers maybe our team percentage would be in the tank. 

Team percentage is below 25% these last 5 games I think I read somewhere. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

They shoot just shy of 35 percent. What’s Damezi shooting out of curiosity? Armaan Franklin?  Hunter?  

We have THREE rotation guys shooting better than the two 'elite' shooters you highlighted in an effort to take a jab at Archie.  And, you got caught spreading fake news.  Are we a good three point shooting team?  No, we're not.  But, that does not give fans a right to make up crap in an effort to enhance an agenda.

This whole overreaction to the Arkansas loss is ridiculous.  If we beat Arkansas to get to the same 11-2 record, everyone would be talking about what a great non-conference season we had.  

I can't even begin to support that kind of agenda based thinking.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh our 5th and 6th most frequent shooters versus their 1 and 2. Totally fair comparison.  If only Rob and Al were taking our 3 pointers maybe our team percentage would be in the tank. 

That's really not relative to the initial premise you made, which was that Damezi Anderson is a poor shooter based on shooting 37% on 3 pointers in high school. Then you cite the 2 Arkansas kids as the kind of shooters, shooting 34%, we want...

That's really not relative to the initial premise you made, which was that Damezi Anderson is a poor shooter based on shooting 37% on 3 pointers in high school. Then you cite the 2 Arkansas kids as the kind of shooters, shooting 34%, we want...

They are shooting 34.9 in college much different than shooting 37% in high school. You understand those are different right? 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Al has the 2nd most 3 point attempts on the team.  More fake news on your part.  Just please stop making up crap.  Okay.  

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

They are shooting 34.9 in college much different than shooting 37% in high school. You understand those are different right? 

Sometimes percentages in High school does not always show the whole story.  A lot of these guys are the only great players on their team and their shot selections are not always great with them taking bad shots.  You also noted that how can Mussleman have great shooters in his first year where Archie can't in year 3.  One those guys are really not great shooters but volume shooters.  Joe was 3 for 17 from 3 the other night and Green was 4 for 12 so their percentages was very similar.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Al has the 2nd most 3 point attempts on the team.  More fake news on your part.  Just please stop making up crap.  Okay.  

Not per 40 minutes. Which is the stat that matters here. All else being equal if he and Demezi are on the court Damezi is going to shoot more. That’s an issue. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

But, once again, you're veering from your initial argument. Archie evaluated and recruited Damezi based on his performance in high school. I'm sure 37% was an acceptable number to him. Especially considering Damezi is 6'7".

But, once again, you're veering from your initial argument. Archie evaluated and recruited Damezi based on his performance in high school. I'm sure 37% was an acceptable number to him. Especially considering Damezi is 6'7".

Im not veering what I am faulting him for is thinking that 37% in high school is good enough. I am literally faulting him for that because it’s bad logic. Most players see their averages drop and that before the rule change bringing the line further back 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Im not veering what I am faulting him for is thinking that 37% in high school is good enough. I am literally faulting him for that because it’s bad logic. Most players see their averages drop and that before the rule change bringing the line further back 

And I'm also sure Archie believed with college coaching and college conditioning, Damezi could at least meet those numbers in college. As I said, the jury's still out on him...

But, he was the 3rd wing in that class...you know, the position you're all saying we need?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

And I'm also sure Archie believed with college coaching and college conditioning, Damezi could at least meet those numbers in college. As I said, the jury's still out on him...

But, he was the 3rd wing in that class...you know, the position you're all saying we need?

3rd wing and none of them have been able to shoot. Not really helping the case there. 

Archie was probably sure. That means he was wrong. And this on him

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

3rd wing and none of them have been able to shoot. Not really helping the case there. 

Archie was probably sure. That means he was wrong. And this on him

So, Adolph Rupp, which of the 3 would you not have recruited?

The most ballyhooed high school player in Indiana since Damon Bailey?

The number 59 recruit in the country, who by all accounts was nearly as good as Romeo in early practices?

The number 129 recruit who averaged 24 ppg his senior year in high school?

My old man told me that in life I'd encounter people, who, in his words, "ain't happy unless they ain't happy."

Welcome to that club...

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

This thread has me wishing that we could go back to those Mike Davis glory days when we had 3 point shooters.

Those guys could shoot and they played with heart and passion. TJD and Franklin the only ones that I see that fire from. Lots of non vocal players on this team.

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

What do you think of the 3 coming in?  Hopefully they can change the culture.

It’s going to a tough call. Say we miss the tourney this year. Next year we get 3 sub 100 freshman who you won’t expect to really help until their sophomore to junior year which means it could be 2 to 3 years before the culture really changes. If you miss the tourney 4 years in a row I find it hard for the coach to be retained.  But hope that doesn’t happen

39 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It’s going to a tough call. Say we miss the tourney this year. Next year we get 3 sub 100 freshman who you won’t expect to really help until their sophomore to junior year which means it could be 2 to 3 years before the culture really changes. If you miss the tourney 4 years in a row I find it hard for the coach to be retained.  But hope that doesn’t happen

Six years to change the culture? Freddy not was right when he said long long term rebuild 

Archived