2023 NFL Discussion

rico

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The AFC West, despite being perhaps the most talented division in football, has three teams that don't know how to win games. You love to see it. 

And we exposed some of the Chiefs weaknesses, as well. 

I guess the AFCW is the best division in football? I'm certainly not sold on that 100% like I was a month ago, though, ya know? 

I don't necessarily see any other division making strides to surpass it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I might be a little off on this but I heard something like Mahommes is 45-2 when the opponent scores less than 24 pts. THe 2 losses both against the Colts. 

This game just shows you that the Colts aren't as bad as they appeared vs. Jax. Yes, there were still mistakes vs. the Chiefs, but man, what a night and day difference.

This is what I am hoping for out of IU Football vs. Nebraska this Saturday. I know IU is not as NEAR as bad as they played vs. Cincy.... Definitely not 21 pts. better. jmo 

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This game just shows you that the Colts aren't as bad as they appeared vs. Jax. Yes, there were still mistakes vs. the Chiefs, but man, what a night and day difference.

This is what I am hoping for out of IU Football vs. Nebraska this Saturday. I know IU is not as NEAR as bad as they played vs. Cincy.... Definitely not 21 pts. better. jmo 

Not as bad thats for sure but if they don't get that O Line fixed its going to be a long year and wins will be far and few in between. Can hope for teams to have that many miscues to help you every Sunday. I think the Colts play better with a chip on their shoulder more so than with a target on their back. Still lots of areas for improvement and if and when they sure those things up they can be very good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I might be a little off on this but I heard something like Mahommes is 45-2 when the opponent scores less than 24 pts. THe 2 losses both against the Colts. 

That's why I won't agree the best way to beat Allen and Mahomes is to get a Mahomes and Allen with weapons. I'm perfectly content being built different. Pierce and Jelani come on and our offense is a problem for ppl. 

We're 3-2 in our last 5 vs those 2 QBs. 

Defense is damn good and its missing its best player. 

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think if the Colts can sure up the OL then they have a chance to make a good run. Might as well bench Punter because he was knocked back on his butt all day today. Also bench Pryor or at least move him off of LT. Put Rainman at LT and put in Dennis Kelly at LG.

LT Rainman

LG Nelson 

C Ryan Kelly 

RG Dennis Kelly 

RT Smith

Per PFF, Pryor was the second highest rated Colt in yesterday’s game 

• Like 1

Nice snarky comment from Aikman on Hendershot's second catch.  Buck says "Hendershot making Indiana's program proud" to which Aikman responds "It wouldn't take much".  He then immediately said "That's not fair.  Sorry."  Troy showing that he's got real jerk potential.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Nice snarky comment from Aikman on Hendershot's second catch.  Buck says "Hendershot making Indiana's program proud" to which Aikman responds "It wouldn't take much".  He then immediately said "That's not fair.  Sorry."  Troy showing that he's got real jerk potential.

He didnt say anything not correct. He was taking a shot at his partner an IU grad more than IU football.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Locker room motivation material - c'mon CTA. Maybe it propels us by Nebraska?

Edited by D-BONE

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

He is not lying though. 

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He is not lying though. 

Doesn’t matter. His comment had no relevance to the play, or the game. Just because something may be true, it doesn’t mean it needs to be said.

I thought Aikman was more professional than to say something like that. I bet that the producers got in his ear, thus prompting the apology.

Restraint is a valuable trait these days. Unfortunately it doesn’t get practiced nearly enough 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Doesn’t matter. His comment had no relevance to the play, or the game. Just because something may be true, it doesn’t mean it needs to be said.

I thought Aikman was more professional than to say something like that. I bet that the producers got in his ear, thus prompting the apology.

Restraint is a valuable trait these days. Unfortunately it doesn’t get practiced nearly enough 

You would love it if that remark was about Purdue

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the comment. We as a society are Charmin soft and it was the truth and not in the least bit offensive. Snarky yes but far from offensive.  I am a firm believer that if you don't want people to say things like that then change the narrative.  I hope CTA is the man to change that perception of Indiana Football

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think it's more likely that it did fit in the context of the conversation he was having with his good friend and partner, and he got in a little jab like a lot of us would do towards a buddy. Then he quickly caught himself.

In terms of nothingburgers, this is a full pound burger. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it's more likely that it did fit in the context of the conversation he was having with his good friend and partner, and he got in a little jab like a lot of us would do towards a buddy. Then he quickly caught himself.

In terms of nothingburgers, this is a full pound burger. 

When I heard him say that I thought it was funny and shot at his buddy. Of course I wake up to some folks on twitter really making something of this. Let it go folks....it's no big deal.

• Like 6