2023 NFL Discussion

rico

43 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Wow, I am stunned.  Sounds like he didn't get the offer he wanted from MN.  

Wanted a Gruden type number is what the Bears reporters were saying when he spoke with them. My guess Minny said the same to that idea. Harbaugh has put Michigan in a strange spot. Elite recruits want to know who their coach is. If he's job hopping (or potentially) every February I can't see that playing out well over the coming years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wanted a Gruden type number is what the Bears reporters were saying when he spoke with them. My guess Minny said the same to that idea. Harbaugh has put Michigan in a strange spot. Elite recruits want to know who their coach is. If he's job hopping (or potentially) every February I can't see that playing out well over the coming years.

I think Harbaugh felt the Bears or Raiders would hire him based on his terms. The Minnesota job felt like a backup plan by Harbaugh. Maybe he partially wanted to stick it to the Bears for passing on him? Or perhaps he wanted UM to sweat it out. Just speculating, but I would be shocked if he is not in the NFL in the next 2 years with someone.

• Like 1

OK, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE PRO BOWL???? I turned the game on for the first time in years and they are playing 2 hand touch!!! Linemen standing up, no one hitting. What and the hell is the point of this game. I hope they dont charge people to get in and watch that crap. Take the pads off, put on flags, at least stop pretending to play the game. Play the game the way it was meant to be played or stop having the game. I would rather watch 6 year olds play flag football, at least they are playing hard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Indykev said:

OK, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE PRO BOWL???? I turned the game on for the first time in years and they are playing 2 hand touch!!! Linemen standing up, no one hitting. What and the hell is the point of this game. I hope they dont charge people to get in and watch that crap. Take the pads off, put on flags, at least stop pretending to play the game. Play the game the way it was meant to be played or stop having the game. I would rather watch 6 year olds play flag football, at least they are playing hard.

Agree completely and would never waste my time watching the Pro Bowl. That being said, I do recall Tyler Eifert getting seriously hurt in this game and he was never the same after 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Flags would make more sense. Or, just stop playing the actual game and make the skills competition better and leave it at that. This is why I haven't turned on the Pro Bowl in over a decade.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

I thought the same thing…..It looked like a slow motion, walk through, pre game drills. I looked at all the people in the stands and thought, “ how boring for them!”

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I've always been a Lovie Smith fan. Guess it just seems odd for the Texans to go this route if in fact they do make him head coach. Although Lovie is a no nonsense no drama type of head coach. Maybe that's what the organization needs moving forward.

I'm not a big Lovie fan, but he might be a decent fit there. Texans look like they have no idea what they are doing in that coaching search. It's like they really want to hire Josh McCown, but are afraid of the public backlash. I have no idea what the draw is to McCown, but maybe they know something about him that I don't....but hard to justify hiring a head coach in the NFL whose only coaching experience is high school.

With Mike McDaniel getting the Doliphins HC job, it would just leave New Orleans spot open. I'm still guessing they hire Dennis Allen, which could mean Flores is indeed getting passed over for all the HC spots. It will be interesting to see if anyone hires him as DC or if he gets blackballed.

• Like 1