2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't understand the comparison to Dan Marino.....is it just the similarity in their career path until this point? 

Both making it to a SB early and losing? 

Basically, anytime a young quarterback looks great and loses a SB early the media/fans do the, "you never know, Marino never got back" thing. 

• Like 2

First off congrats to Bengals fans on here...magical season for sure! 

My biggest issue is with whoever the Bengals D Coordinator is. Why are you doing your version of cover 3 all the way down the field on final drive and single vs Kupp at goal line? I would have had 2 guys on Kupp the entire time. Make somebody else win the game.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know it probably makes no sense and would not happen anyway, but eh Bengals need O line help the Colts need playmakers. COuld the Colts get Higgins and a draft pick for Quentin Nelson? 

So you must have listened to the morning show on 1070.  I think I would as a Colts fan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So you must have listened to the morning show on 1070.  I think I would as a Colts fan

I didn't get to. I cant get it since they switched from the AM. I can get the Cincy AM 1530 all the way to indy from my house though. I just think Guards can be very overrated and he does not have the skill set to play Left Tackle so whatever it takes to get some playmakers. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I didn't get to. I cant get it since they switched from the AM. I can get the Cincy AM 1530 all the way to indy from my house though. I just think Guards can be very overrated and he does not have the skill set to play Left Tackle so whatever it takes to get some playmakers. 

That's going to make JT, not as effective. Just so we are going over the pros and cons, here. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

That's going to make JT, not as effective. Just so we are going over the pros and cons, here. 

He had some pretty good games with Q not in there and I did not see many dominant backs making very deep runs into the playoffs. I think it could make JT better if the Colts had any threats so that teams cold not stack the box. For as good as Q is i just don't see as much value there as others do. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He had some pretty good games with Q not in there and I did not see many dominant backs making very deep runs into the playoffs. I think it could make JT better if the Colts had any threats so that teams cold not stack the box. For as good as Q is i just don't see as much value there as others do. 

I disagree. I think we are better served to find a WR2 in a trade or draft or FA. I also don't think the Colts are going anywhere playing the way everyone else in the AFC plays (outside of NE). I think we have to continue to be an anomaly with our running game and willingness to run, don't think that's possible without Nelson. 

In a trade that doesn't give up Nelson or any other star. A draft pick oriented trade. 

Edited by btownqb

I thought it was a given the Colts were an incomplete team to start the year last year. We have mostly recovered from Grigson, but still some pieces to get us there. WR2 and make sure we are going the right way at corner. I believe the pass rush is going to come on with Bradley and the two young DEs. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't think they would consider it but if the Colts want to do anything remotely to make a run everybody including QN, Leonard and JT have to be considered as trading pieces. 

I understand your thinking S. I just like that we have finally established some legit keystone pieces. I would hate for them to be considered as trade options because of their high value. These guys give the Colts and edge and an attitude. It’s almost like they are “family”. We have to find other ways imho…

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

They talked about that exact trade

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

When Q was out and Reid played you couldn't tell a difference.  Also when Pinter played Center not much of a difference either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I understand your thinking S. I just like that we have finally established some legit keystone pieces. I would hate for them to be considered as trade options because of their high value. These guys give the Colts and edge and an attitude. It’s almost like they are “family”. We have to find other ways imho…

Just to be that guy. What has this great foundation done? Having watched all of the playoff games this year, I think the Colts are fools gold. I don't think they are built as well as any of the playoff teams outside of the Eagles. They have a lot of likeable guys and if the Defense does not create turnovers the Defense is bad. The highest paid O line is great in theory and paper but I want to see wins. We need some nasty on both sides of the ball an a legit #1 receiver. Pittman is a 2 or 3 on any other good team and a 3 or 4 on the really good teams. The Colts benefit greatly from playing in the worst division and I as like many others have bought what they have been selling but the playoffs this year opened my eyes that the Colts are far from being a legit contender.