2023 NFL Discussion

rico

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think the big issue here is not Wentz himself, but whether the Colts can realistically find a QB that will be an upgrade.  You take Rodgers and Wilson out of the equation and there is not a guaranteed upgrade out there.  I just don't see a Wentz for Jimmy G swap making sense.  Wentz for J. Winston is even more of a gamble,  

Irsay is creating all of this noise without any clear alternatives.  That is a bad move in my opinion.

I feel you are pretty much spot on with your take.  And honestly I am ready to give Wentz another crack at it.

As far as Irsay I do believe his "noise" is just built up frustration as to how the season played out.  Hopefully level heads prevail.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Some guy tweeted that the Colts and Steelers are in deep discussions for Wentz.  Never heard of the guy so probably just click bait.

He retracted that and said he was duped.  Personally, I think all of these “rumors” are just being talked about because the media has nothing else to talk about.  They’re all just throwing darts.

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

He retracted that and said he was duped.  Personally, I think all of these “rumors” are just being talked about because the media has nothing else to talk about.  They’re all just throwing darts.

Dominos won't start to move until Rodgers/Packers make a final decision.

From the sounds of it, Wilson is not asking for a trade.  

So Deshaun Winston is the next prize?  Then its probably Wentz.  Colts fans act like he's chump change.  He's still better than at least 10 other teams starting qb.  

• Like 1

Mike Mitchell has agreed to join the colts staff as an assistant coach for the DBs or safeties, one of the two, although believe it is for the DBs.  Love that Cato is back with the team, he was underrated as a player.  

Wentz is gone, from what I've read no way he returns.  Too much of a flight risk especially given how much a non leader he was in the locker room or on the field from various reports.  Recoup what you can, yes he still has value according to writers from the star that follow the team closely.  Not sure what we do at QB after Wentz.  

four of six teams in the later rounds of the playoffs this past year have franchise/elite QBs, two of the six teams do not(Jimmy G and Tanny for Titans are not franchise QBs or elite talent).  you need a star/elite/franchise qb, Rodgers gets you there for another 2 or 3 years, Wilson I'd say does as well, Watson does for more than 2 or 3 years but everyone knows Texans aren't trading him to an inner division rival.  After those three, you are on equivalent ground as wentz with say Jimmy G.  Or you go draft a Qb but who knows what you get there.  

WIll be Ballards most important offseason ever with the horseshoe 

Edited by dwtaylor1055

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of the Colts. Would Colts fans trade 2 future firsts, Wentz, maybe one of the Oline to Seattle for Wilson? 

Yes I think so even though I don't feel Wentz was as bad as some are portraying.  With Irsay it was all about trust and he does not trust Wentz. Without better weapons around him I'm notsure it matters who the QB is

• Like 1