2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Jordan Love is probably available. No way they hold on to him for another 3-4 years now to just sit the bench. They are all in on Rodgers next two years. Not sure anyone gives them a 1 but perhaps our 2nd and a future 3rd or 4th might work. (Jimmy G type deal??) They need immediate impact players to go all in. Comes down to what kind of feelings we had on Love when he came out. No doubt we looked into him closely as we were needing a qb and decided to go in on Rivers but we have already done the homework. Wonder how we felt on him?

Love testing positive for weed just prior to their Bowl game did not sit well with the Colts.  Maybe things have changed 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The only way I would be happy with bringing Wentz back is if Ballard opens the purse strings and spends on a massive upgrade in talent to surround him. 
A downfield threat at WR— Robinson, Lockett, Will Fuller, Valdez-Scandling

A TE who stretches the field —maybe in the draft?

A LT, or move Nelson to that position, pay him for it, and plug in Reed or Pintner at guard 

I agree with all but Nelson to LT,I would trade Nelson to get some of those things above. Nelson is not built to be a tackle IMO. Footwork not good enough and some physical limitations.  I heard Jeff Saturday break down Nelson's game and why it would not work

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Love testing positive for weed just prior to their Bowl game did not sit well with the Colts.  Maybe things have changed 

Interesting. I did not know that.  Somebody had told me the Colts were all over Love in the draft process and were very interested at that time.  But you may have a better handle on it.  

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Love the trade. 

Same here....and now the Colts have $70M entering free agency. My guess is a pick might be flipped for JG....but I'm going on record now. I think the Colts like Desmond Ridder....and maybe they are going to flip a pick for a guy like JG but still draft Ridder for a couple years down the road.

For Ballard to get Washington to eat all of the salary? Good move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Colts (Irsay?) seemed determined to move on from Wentz.  If it’s a locker room issue, I wonder what they are put off about. 

I think it shows how disappointed Irsay was in how the season ended.  My guess is Frank is on notice as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Washington may be a very good situation for Wentz.  They have some potential to get better but they needed a QB. He can do what they will ask him to do. 

Colts (Irsay?) seemed determined to move on from Wentz.  If it’s a locker room issue, I wonder what they are put off about. 

Carson Wentz had an up and down career with the Philadelphia Eagles after they traded up to the #2 overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. He had injuries from his first preseason until he forced a trade last year. He clashed with coaches and management, and is seen as a self-righteous diva by some people in the league. His former OC in Philly, Frank Reich, took a shot on bringing him to the Colts last season. It cost them a 1st and 3rd round pick, and they didn’t get the results they expected.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/3/9/22969356/washington-commanders-trade-for-indianapolis-colts-qb-carson-wentz-nfl

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll say it.  the Colts are going to regret all of this down the road.  You can't win in this league playing Musical QBs.  

Changing QBs did really hurt the Rams…

You either need to be really good at QB, or really good everywhere else. Teams don’t win by keeping average QBs just for the heck of it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Changing QBs did really hurt the Rams…

You either need to be really good at QB, or really good everywhere else. Teams don’t win by keeping average QBs just for the heck of it. 

You guys know I'm Bears guy first but I cheer plenty for the Colts. I actually applaud them trying and trying to fix the QB situation. That Jacksonville game alone was getting released material for CW in my opinion. If they think JG or someone else can do better so be it but I do like the effort. 

I'll say this as well. I know DW is going to get suspended but if some of the stuff is just civil and no criminal....Colts might just eff it and let's go get Deshaun even with suspension looming. 

• Like 1