2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 hours ago, rico said:

Of those four:

Rodgers - if he leaves GB, he'll likely go to Tampa, with Denver possible

Wilson - Denver most likely (assuming they don't land Rodgers)

Ryan - would fit the Colts MO. Philip Rivers 2.0

Watson - too toxic until a team becomes completely desperate and takes a chance

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Of those four:

Been rumors of Bucs doing trades for Wilson or Watson.

49 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Of those four:

I don't totally understand contracts and how they spread the money across but I'm seeing Ryan at 48 million cap hit for this year.  For more than twice the money you are getting a guy that at this point is basically equal to Wentz.  I think Atlanta is probably stuck with him unless they send draft picks as well.  Just can't see how he's trade able, unless they cut him.    

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't totally understand contracts and how they spread the money across but I'm seeing Ryan at 48 million cap hit for this year.  For more than twice the money you are getting a guy that at this point is basically equal to Wentz.  I think Atlanta is probably stuck with him unless they send draft picks as well.  Just can't see how he's trade able, unless they cut him.    

Just throwing this out there but if the Colts could swing it...would they make a move to get Matt Ryan and Calvin Ridley? 

I don't think Ryan would be an upgrade over what the Colts have now but getting Ryan and Ridley would be. It seems pretty clear the Colts or Irsay are moving on from Wentz but unless they somehow can convince one of the big targets Indy is the right place for them all the moves are going to be basically a Wentz equivalent. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just throwing this out there but if the Colts could swing it...would they make a move to get Matt Ryan and Calvin Ridley? 

I don't think Ryan would be an upgrade over what the Colts have now but getting Ryan and Ridley would be. It seems pretty clear the Colts or Irsay are moving on from Wentz but unless they somehow can convince one of the big targets Indy is the right place for them all the moves are going to be basically a Wentz equivalent. 

How about Murray?  Get another weapon in at wr and get better at te.  That would be a very scary and dangerous offense.  I'd take Ridley.  If you bring in Murray(on rookie contract), do you need to spend crazy money on your offensive line?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

How about Murray?  Get another weapon in at wr and get better at te.  That would be a very scary and dangerous offense.  I'd take Ridley.  If you bring in Murray(on rookie contract), do you need to spend crazy money on your offensive line?  

I like the idea but what would it take in your opinion to get Murray? 

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would work for me! Don't know what's going in Arizona with Murray. Maybe just end of season smoke but some of the stuff seems like ownership is ticked...and sides (QB and Coach) are trying to put the blame on each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Saw this earlier. 

Aaron Donalds list looks like this 

SB champ

DROY

3x DPOY 

7x 1st All Pro (he's only played 8 years)

8x Pro Bowler

1x sack leader (as a DT, not end)

2010s All Decade

Lets not pretend Donald doesn't have a better career trajectory then any DL, ever. 

20220215_145647.jpg

Greenie was talking about this stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Saw this earlier. 

Aaron Donalds list looks like this 

SB champ

DROY

3x DPOY 

7x 1st All Pro (he's only played 8 years)

8x Pro Bowler

1x sack leader (as a DT, not end)

2010s All Decade

Lets not pretend Donald doesn't have a better career trajectory then any DL, ever. 

20220215_145647.jpg

But remember he was undersized to play dline! Haha...it's like the GM's don't remember guys like John Randle or Warren Sapp who were barely 6'0. 

Per CBS:

Unrestricted free agents: LT Eric Fisher, WR T.Y. Hilton, RG Mark Glowinski, CB Xavier Rhodes, TE Mo-Alie Cox, WR Zach Pascal, EDGE Al-Quadin Muhammad, LT Sam Tevi, IDL Isaac Rochell, S George Odum, CB T.J. Carrie, RB Marlon Mack, EDGE Kemoko Turay, LT Julie'n Davenport, LG Chris Reed, EDGE Tyquan Lewis, S Andrew Sendejo, S Jahleel Addae, RG Matt Pryor, K Michael Badgley, IDL Antwaun Woods, LB Matthew Adams, LB Zaire Franklin 
Projected cap space: $37,377,327
Team needs: WR, T, EDGE

The Colts are still contemplating what to do with Carson Wentz at quarterback, and badly need pass-catching options on the outside with Michael Pittman. With all the cap space, the Colts should go after one of the top wideouts available. Having an improved pass rush will also help out a solid defense in 2022, even with Matt Eberflus no longer the defensive coordinator. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Man that's a good question.  With the current weapons i would say no. If they upgrade WR and TE maybe. I just did not think Wentz was that bad.

He was average, but can't see how they bring him back.  With all of this coming out I just don't see how he would be able to play here..

I just think Irsay doesn't like Wentz and wasn't really thrilled getting home in the first place.  I still think some of it was that he wasn't vaccinated and at the end of the year he got covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Do you think Jemis Winston would be an upgrade

I brought this idea up several pages back…

He was having an excellent year with the Saints this season until he got hurt, with no better weapons than the Colts currently have. I believe he could be signed for a one year contract at about $7 million. He’d be highly motivated as he would be playing for a fat, long-term contract.

To me, this would be a low risk/high reward proposition for the Colts. If he plays well, they very well have found their long term answer at quarterback. If not, they spent very little and have no commitment beyond next year 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I brought this idea up several pages back…

He was having an excellent year with the Saints this season until he got hurt, with no better weapons than the Colts currently have. I believe he could be signed for a one year contract at about $7 million. He’d be highly motivated as he would be playing for a fat, long-term contract.

To me, this would be a low risk/high reward proposition for the Colts. If he plays well, they very well have found their long term answer at quarterback. If not, they spent very little and have no commitment beyond next year 

I say git-r-done.