2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I really liked Dean initially but as I looked into it, he’s obviously tiny but he is not really an electric athlete.  I think we’ve seen his upside already.   He should be fine but like you said, he fell for a reason.  

And has a major pec injury and plays a position that isn't highly valued. 

Truthfully though, it's the "what an abomination this is" ... is the stuff thats silly to me. Oh well though. 

Another big day! 4 picks for the Shoe. 

• Like 1

I love the draft. Always have.  It’s probably the single biggest educator for me about players across the whole league.  You hear about so and so center on the Seahawks and that he’s good and you can remember him getting drafted so it resonates. 

I hate to tell the “in my day” stories but when I was a kid you’d just get the full list of players in the paper (which was fun).  To think where it’s come, it’s amazing. 

@Seeking6   Had a great point and I stole it last night.  The NFL is like Apple.  They’ve got us. 

• Like 2

Love football, specifically NFL football. Watch zero minutes of the draft. Much better things to do with 15 hours of my life than listen to a bunch of talking heads go on about a lot of players I have never heard of. About once an hour or two I'll check my phone to see who the Colts and Vikings drafted, and if any IU guys went.

As I said, love football. Do not care for the hold the NFL has on the sporting scene. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Love football, specifically NFL football. Watch zero minutes of the draft. Much better things to do with 15 hours of my life than listen to a bunch of talking heads go on about a lot of players I have never heard of. About once an hour or two I'll check my phone to see who the Colts and Vikings drafted, and if any IU guys went.

As I said, love football. Do not care for the hold the NFL has on the sporting scene. 

My wife would agree with you.  She’s not a sports person but is bewildered by my interest in a “business meeting.”  

For us Bears fans. Poles has turned 3 picks into 7 today. Now we have to start drafting but total roster overhaul taking place. 

Also thought it was smart to trade back the 6th they got in Mack trade for 2 end of 7th round picks. No reason to compete with 31 other teams tonight once UDFA starts. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Love Riddick. Could listen to him all day long. 

I might be in the minority but the same with Kiper. What blows me away is the memory, retention.....you could rattle off 3 no name players from Washington St, Tulsa, and Eastern Maryland and my man can give you a 30 second pitch on anyone. I'm just blown away sometimes with his recall. 

I'm going to wait and see how things shake out today. I wanted the Bears to take Bell at 71 but apparently all of the GM's see something from him that made him fall so much. In a league where offense is paramount I can see Poles wanting his secondary to be  strong....but we need to put up points too! This better be all offense today for Bears.

I think with Bell they looked at his 40 time and some of the other stats and that played a role. I get that to an extent but at the same time, he absolutely tore up one of the best leagues in college football for 3 years when Rondale was there and after he left when Bell was THE guy defenses had to key in on. It’s not like he was a burner in college that just didn’t test well. He was a stud because of his route-running and ability to not only catch damn near everything but make several near-impossible catches too. I’d be shocked if that doesn’t translate to the NFL and I think plenty of GM’s will regret passing on him tbh. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think with Bell they looked at his 40 time and some of the other stats and that played a role. I get that to an extent but at the same time, he absolutely tore up one of the best leagues in college football for 3 years when Rondale was there and after he left when Bell was THE guy defenses had to key in on. It’s not like he was a burner in college that just didn’t test well. He was a stud because of his route-running and ability to not only catch damn near everything but make several near-impossible catches too. I’d be shocked if that doesn’t translate to the NFL and I think plenty of GM’s will regret passing on him tbh. 

Boiler... he went in the top 100 in the NFL draft lol 

He wasn't disrespected. He was picked exactly where he should be. The 3rd round. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

McFadden is on my own personal IU athlete Mt Rushmore. 

ARE

Kyle Schwarber 

Yogi Ferrell

Being the others. I think there are still spots in the world for blue collar dudes.  

That would be a good discussion for the summer. My Mt. Rushmore.

AT.

IT 

Alford.

Cheaney

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Boiler... he went in the top 100 in the NFL draft lol 

He wasn't disrespected. He was picked exactly where he should be. The 3rd round. 

I don’t have an issue with where he was drafted tbh. I was thinking he was a 2nd/3rd rounder kind of guy. My issue is with the fact that 15 wide receivers went before him. No way there are 15 better wide receivers than Bell in this class. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t have an issue with where he was drafted tbh. I was thinking he was a 2nd/3rd rounder kind of guy. My issue is with the fact that 15 wide receivers went before him. No way there are 15 better wide receivers than Bell in this class. 

Are there right here right now?..  no. 

Might be in three years though... and thats what they draft on half the time. 

• Like 1