2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Cincy will have a new kicker next week. Missed x-point and a 29 yarder to win.

Regular longsnapper was injured during the game.  They had to use an emergency backup.  Feel bad for the guy, but the Bengals played poorly, ie. Burrow with 4 interceptions and a fumble.  Got sacked 7 times too...so the o-line was somewhat shaky.  Plenty of blame to go around... coaches too, I would guess.  It's a new season and I personally need to see another year similar to last before I get hyped.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Kind of amazing how much faster the pro game is than the college game. The Colts first half took 1 hour and 10 minutes. If it didn't go OT the game would have ended up under 3 hours

Too many incomplete passes in college. Stop clock to move chains…poor officiating and having to conference all the time…yeah it’s just dumb.

Edited by dgambill

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Frank Reich is still an absolutely terrible decision maker. That game was 1000% on him and him alone. 

Ryan threw for over 350. Taylor ran for over 160. Colts ran 90 plays to 68 and had almost 10 minutes more of ToP. Hard to believe they had to come from so far behind for a tie. They did have a lot of penalties 

I like Frank Reich but if this season doesn’t end up in the playoffs there is no way he comes back….Ballard might go with him as well. As much as he gets credit for putting together great teams…these players aren’t getting it done. Better come out next week with fire!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like Frank Reich but if this season doesn’t end up in the playoffs there is no way he comes back….Ballard might go with him as well. As much as he gets credit for putting together great teams…these players aren’t getting it done. Better come out next week with fire!

Frank is a great guy, average or below head coach. Lucky he Jim Irsay 90 percent of owners would have canned him after last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Cincy will have a new kicker next week. Missed x-point and a 29 yarder to win.

Cincy has the best kicker in the league.  This was 1000% having a replacement long snapper with two very bad snaps.  5 turnovers and not challenging an obvious touchdown and getting no points were the preventable reasons the Bengals lost.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Crazy week 1. A lot of sloppy play. Me thinks not enough team played their starters enough in the preseason.

I think this is the primary reason the Bengals lost.  None of their skill players and almost no one on the O-Line played a snap in preseason.  It showed today.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Ryan threw for over 350. Taylor ran for over 160. Colts ran 90 plays to 68 and had almost 10 minutes more of ToP. Hard to believe they had to come from so far behind for a tie. They did have a lot of penalties 

It’s unheard of to put up the yards we did and only come up with 20 points. Two drops in the end zone on GREAT throws, an absolutely terrible play call sequence in the first half and a terrible play call sequence in OT before missing the field goal.

Sprinkle in some other question decisions and calls, and you get a tie that should have never happened. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It’s unheard of to put up the yards we did and only come up with 20 points. Two drops in the end zone on GREAT throws, an absolutely terrible play call sequence in the first half and a terrible play call sequence in OT before missing the field goal.

Sprinkle in some other question decisions and calls, and you get a tie that should have never happened. 

Yes. Plus.. Ryans only MAJOR blunder, the INT Hughes had. That was going to be a major gain. 

Titans loss gave us a mulligan, imo. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yes. Plus.. Ryans only MAJOR blunder, the INT Hughes had. That was going to be a major gain. 

Titans loss gave us a mulligan, imo. 

Well, Ryan also did fumble three snaps. Even if all didn't result in TOs. But he was solid overall. Hopefully the snap problems will improve with more familiarity with Kelly.

2 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Well, Ryan also did fumble three snaps. Even if all didn't result in TOs. But he was solid overall. Hopefully the snap problems will improve with more familiarity with Kelly.

I am not worried about that moving forward. But, those really hurt at the time. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1