2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

We lost the division on a tiebreaker the year prior. You are saying you think if we add Brady instead of Wentz last year that you'd have thought the TIts had a better offseason than us? I think that's a bit of revisionist history about how bad the season started and ended last year. 

The WRs, DBs, and DEs weren't close.  The amount of alleged revisionist doesn't change that.  

Guess who had those position groups? The Titans. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

We can agree to disagree on Brady being the difference in a division title or not.

But the second half of your post kinda outscores some of my criticisms of Ballard - until this year he has refused to go get the guys we need in free agency. He did that this year and I'm incredibly bullish on this team as a result; I think Irsay gave some ultimatums to Ballard and to Reich this offseason and it seems as if they've gotten the message. 

To have many complaints of Ballard would be foolish. 

• Like 1

Being a Bengals fan must be easier than being a Colts fan.  You guys live year by year getting frustrated about always being good, but never being good enough (save for 2007).  A trip to the Super Bowl that results in a loss would be considered disappointing.

Meanwhile, us Bengals fans have lived in such a world of perpetual ineptness that when we go on a magical run like last season (which happens every 40 years or so), we are so giddy that we don't even realize we didn't win the thing.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Being a Bengals fan must be easier than being a Colts fan.  You guys live year by year getting frustrated about always being good, but never being good enough (save for 2007).  A trip to the Super Bowl that results in a loss would be considered disappointing.

Meanwhile, us Bengals fans have lived in such a world of perpetual ineptness that when we go on a magical run like last season (which happens every 40 years or so), we are so giddy that we don't even realize we didn't win the thing.     

Well from 84-97 the Colts were one of the worst organizations in football except for a couple of years.

• Like 1