2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Detroit will finish the season with 8-9 wins.  

I think 6 wins…but mostly because I don’t think their defense will hold up even if their offense has improved. Maybe I should say I think Detroit will score more points then Green Bay this year…is that something?? Lol

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think 6 wins…but mostly because I don’t think their defense will hold up even if their offense has improved. Maybe I should say I think Detroit will score more points then Green Bay this year…is that something?? Lol

Gotta think depth too. I have no clue. I'll sure as shit root for them. I think Swift is a stud. And Williams. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Gotta think depth too. I have no clue. I'll sure as shit root for them. I think Swift is a stud. And Williams. 

I root for them just because they’ve just had such a long long tough road. They also have a bunch of tough nosed likable guys on that team…add in the coach and you can’t help but like them.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I just looked at schedule and while I like their coach.....5-6 is what I keep seeing tops. Giants, Seahawks, Jets, Jags....probably a split of the Bears, maybe a home win vs Washington but I'm not seeing much more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

On 4th and 1... SE is better than Matt Ryan. 

Guess what coverage we are getting on 4th and 1? 

Cov 0 or Cov 1 with a 5 or 6 man blitz.... So, either you consistently win vs. 1 on 1... or you incorporate a QBs legs. Look 4th and 1 I want the ball given to JT anyways, putting SE in the game to hand him the ball slows the defense wayyyy down in that regard. 

I actually assumed we all wanted to see SE in a short yardage/goal line package, at times. Colts haven't been good in the redzone for a while now. Or use Hines, I really don't care... someone has to account for the extra guy in the box. 

What about a QB that can make the right read and get the ball out on time and on target? That seems more important than being able to run. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What about a QB that can make the right read and get the ball out on time and on target? That seems more important than being able to run. 

That's the advantage. Sam makes you play one coverage, in those situations. There is little reading. It's man.

If Ryan is in.. and they play those coverages vs our youth on the outside. it could be tough, especially consistently. Ryan is a vet, yes. I get it. 

What if... Pittman gets hurt. 3rd and 2... I would like to have "something" else besides the obvious. It's a chess match. 

If they dont load the box.. we walk for first downs. 

I am NOT saying this is base offense. Simply a wrinkle. 

This also helps vs a pass rush. The DL can't just fly upfield. Just lots of variables.

Yes,  Ryan being an accurate QB is the first skill we should utilize on 3rd down and short. Yes. 

I was saying... PAST that. Sorry for the long response.. long ass day and I would MUCH rather talk sports, then to think about my day. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

That's the advantage. Sam makes you play one coverage, in those situations. There is little reading. It's man.

If Ryan is in.. and they play those coverages vs our youth on the outside. it could be tough, especially consistently. Ryan is a vet, yes. I get it. 

What if... Pittman gets hurt. 3rd and 2... I would like to have "something" else besides the obvious. It's a chess match. 

If they dont load the box.. we walk for first downs. 

I am NOT saying this is base offense. Simply a wrinkle. 

This also helps vs a pass rush. The DL can't just fly upfield. Just lots of variables.

Yes,  Ryan being an accurate QB is the first skill we should utilize on 3rd down and short. Yes. 

I was saying... PAST that. Sorry for the long response.. long ass day and I would MUCH rather talk sports, then to think about my day. 🤣🤣

I mean agree to disagree, but maybe I think Ryan has more left in the tank than you do.

I think he can be top 10ish at his position still (not necessarily fantasy), and I don't think you take a top 10 QB off of the field willingly. I don't think it's a stretch at all to say he is right at top 5 in the AFC...

EDIT: I awkwardly just forgot the AFC north exists, so more like top 6-7, but still....

Edited by KoB2011

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I mean agree to disagree, but maybe I think Ryan has more left in the tank than you do.

I think he can be top 10ish at his position still (not necessarily fantasy), and I don't think you take a top 10 QB off of the field willingly. I don't think it's a stretch at all to say he is right at top 5 in the AFC...

I don't know why you can't be all of that and have a short yardage package.  Which I don't disagree with anything you said. 

Me liking the idea of a short yardage package isn't a knock on Ryan. I love the idea of situational position grouping. 

Heck.. didn't bring up if we play in a monsoon like vs the 9ers last year! 

3 Weeks ago 49ers GM John Lynch called Trey Sermon one of the best players in camp. Yesterday they cut him. NFL Preseason hype/coach/gm speak is always priceless this time of year.

Speaking of cuts. For the Bears brethren....getting Leatherwood and Watts yesterday for basically nothing?? Huge coup. I don't know what happened to Leatherwood but he's a recent first rounder. Watts was a scheme cut but had 5 sacks basically from NT.....2 massive pickups at this time of year. Again for basically nothing. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

3 Weeks ago 49ers GM John Lynch called Trey Sermon one of the best players in camp. Yesterday they cut him. NFL Preseason hype/coach/gm speak is always priceless this time of year.

Speaking of cuts. For the Bears brethren....getting Leatherwood and Watts yesterday for basically nothing?? Huge coup. I don't know what happened to Leatherwood but he's a recent first rounder. Watts was a scheme cut but had 5 sacks basically from NT.....2 massive pickups at this time of year. Again for basically nothing. 

Leatherwood has a big contract but if he pans out it is worth it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really want to see the Colts play in Nissan Stadium. We offered to take our 2 oldest to Nashville for the game and they can't make the time. 

So... Sunday Night football... when Colts/Titans were the winner gets in the playoffs.... I was there. That was a BLAST!!! Ended up being A Lucks last reg season game. 

You should go. Tickets are pricey down there for that game. Shew

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

So... Sunday Night football... when Colts/Titans were the winner gets in the playoffs.... I was there. That was a BLAST!!! Ended up being A Lucks last reg season game. 

You should go. Tickets are pricey down there for that game. Shew

When I lived in Paducah we went once. Crazy I lived like a couple hours from Indy and Nashville yet could never get either games on tv. Always KC or NFC East. Was nice place to catch a game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Amazing for a former 2-Star recruit. He's done all that's been asked of him and obviously done it well. Excited to follow his season.

I never got why he went in the fifth round.  I’ve followed the draft for decades and I felt like he was a second round talent.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3