2023 NFL Discussion

rico

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Bears have a lot greater need than QB.  If there is no one you like a 1, trade down with a QB needy team.  Fields is a perfectly capable QB.  Pick a QB there and get the 2nd coming of Mitch Trubisky and you've se your team back 10 years.  

How is their team better under Fields than Trubisky? Record doesn’t show it. Passing game doesn’t show it. If you think a qb is better you make the move and you see what you can get for Fields. Resets the rookie contract….i don’t know how you are set back 10 years…they are the worst team in football. It isn’t like Fields was a good qb last year. Maybe take a qb and play Fields at running back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How is their team better under Fields than Trubisky? Record doesn’t show it. Passing game doesn’t show it. If you think a qb is better you make the move and you see what you can get for Fields. Resets the rookie contract….i don’t know how you are set back 10 years…they are the worst team in football. It isn’t like Fields was a good qb last year. Maybe take a qb and play Fields at running back.

Mahomes might not even be a good QB with that receiving core.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You are constantly raggin' on Fields.  Why is that?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mahomes might not even be a good QB with that receiving core.  

If we could do the 2017 draft over again, I'd take my chances...

Of course even if the Bears had drafted Mahomes and he had the same kinda career, the McCaskeys would have cheaped out and let him walk as a FA... 

Chiefs/Jags had a little bit of everything. I'm trying to remember a 98 yard drive led by a backup QB in the playoffs. Kudos to Henne and honestly Reid/QB Coaches,etc....and Mahomes showing once again why he's still the King of the  QB position.

Hope his ankle gets better. Would love to see him vs Burrows/Allen at full strength.

• Like 3

I'll add one more thing as well. Trevor Lawrence is why if you think your franchise qb is there you do whatever necessary to go get him. 2nd season. Turned a 3-14 team last year into a team winning playoff game this year. They get Calvin Ridley next year. 

I cheer for the Colts but they got some catching up to do quickly. Between the Colts, Titans, and Texans this could be Jags division for a bit.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll add one more thing as well. Trevor Lawrence is why if you think your franchise qb is there you do whatever necessary to go get him. 2nd season. Turned a 3-14 team last year into a team winning playoff game this year. They get Calvin Ridley next year. 

I cheer for the Colts but they got some catching up to do quickly. Between the Colts, Titans, and Texans this could be Jags division for a bit.

Colts and Texans need to mail the QB. Oddly enough, the Titans may be in the worst spot projecting out the next 5 years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pederson gets some credit for their turnaround too.  IMHO.   😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rico said:

You are constantly raggin' on Fields.  Why is that?

Because he is yet to show me he can process defenses quickly, make good decisions, and throw the ball accurately. If you want a rb he is elite at that. People are saying he has turned the corner and I’ve yet to see him do that.  He was notorious at OSU for being slow to get rid of the ball..slow to come off his first receiver…I just haven’t seen him take a leap and yet everyone is in love with him. I just don’t see it.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Because he is yet to show me he can process defenses quickly, make good decisions, and throw the ball accurately. If you want a rb he is elite at that. People are saying he has turned the corner and I’ve yet to see him do that.  He was notorious at OSU for being slow to get rid of the ball..slow to come off his first receiver…I just haven’t seen him take a leap and yet everyone is in love with him. I just don’t see it.

You a Bears fan?

To be fair…I’ve said all along that if the Bears surround him with good coaching and put him in the right system I think he could have success. I honestly feel that about 75% of these top qbs they just need to the right coaching and system. To me there is nothing more important than fit. I just haven’t seen the Bears do that. 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

You a Bears fan?

My family is a split family. Colts came in 84 so the younger ones like myself are Colts fans and older Bears…but basically we root for both (AFC/NFC). The bears have been notoriously bad with qbs and I think it’s obvious why…they haven’t invested in the staff to develop a great qb.