2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

After the Bengals beat the Bill's this weekend, I hope people start referring to them as Mahones, Burrow, and Allen.

And, I say it that way even though Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes.  I still think Mahomes is better.  Allen is not.

I agree. Look Josh Allen is really really good and a perfect fit for Buffalo but man he keeps some teams in games he shouldn't. If Bengals win he'll replace Allen in the pecking order and even though Burrow record vs Chiefs is 3-0 I just don't think he's Mahomes yet.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

After the Bengals beat the Bill's this weekend, I hope people start referring to them as Mahones, Burrow, and Allen.

And, I say it that way even though Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes.  I still think Mahomes is better.  Allen is not.

This is the Joe Burrow that needed a fumble return TD, with a missed block in the back, to beat the Raven's backup QB last week, right?

The last time Allen lost a playoff game, his last play he was involved in was a TD to take the lead on the road in KC. 

The last time Burrow lost a playoff game, his last play was a turnover on downs with a chance to win. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

This is the Joe Burrow that needed a fumble return TD, with a missed block in the back, to beat the Raven's backup QB last week, right?

The last time Allen lost a playoff game, his last play he was involved in was a TD to take the lead on the road in KC. 

The last time Burrow lost a playoff game, his last play was a turnover on downs with a chance to win. 

image.png.cd82e146c863823f2bb001f7f8a84573.png

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The same field in KC where Burrow directed a comeback from a huge halftime deficit to win just a week later.

Yeah, Burrow is awesome. He did the same thing as Allen and didn’t get let down by his defense against KC. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

image.png.cd82e146c863823f2bb001f7f8a84573.png

You can have Bart Scott’s opinion, not one I would want…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Hey guys...both Allen and Burrow are terrific!!  Everyone knows it.  I'm just excited to see these two teams play... though I wish they were both at full strength.   😊

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Hey guys...both Allen and Burrow are terrific!!  Everyone knows it.  I'm just excited to see these two teams play... though I wish they were both at full strength.   😊

Same Manning vs Brady stuff. Both are great. The main thing to remember is they don’t play against each other. They are playing against each others defense. I don’t know where Buffalo generates a pass rush and Cincy has a solid defense. I’m picking Cincy with the upset.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Same Manning vs Brady stuff. Both are great. The main thing to remember is they don’t play against each other. They are playing against each others defense. I don’t know where Buffalo generates a pass rush and Cincy has a solid defense. I’m picking Cincy with the upset.

I hope you are right but the Bengals’ O-line is a mess. If they don’t hold up Burrow is going to have to resort to hitches and screens, negating the strength of their receivers. If the O-line doesn’t hold up, the pass rush could become a factor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

🙏

Not saying I wouldn’t take Stroud if he is there at 4, but I wouldn’t trade up for Stroud or Young knowing he is available.

Let the Bears do the proverbial eff around, they can find out we will take Anderson. Then trade a couple seconds for Lance and laugh our butts off with a top 3 defense next year and a young QB to build around. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not saying I wouldn’t take Stroud if he is there at 4, but I wouldn’t trade up for Stroud or Young knowing he is available.

Let the Bears do the proverbial eff around, they can find out we will take Anderson. Then trade a couple seconds for Lance and laugh our butts off with a top 3 defense next year and a young QB to build around. 

per PFR:

• Brock Purdy has stepped in and kept the 49ers on course. Prior to Jimmy Garoppolo‘s injury, the team was open to re-signing him. Now, the prospect of Purdy keeping the gig over Trey Lance in 2023 is starting to surface. An anonymous exec told the Washington Post’s Jason La Canfora he is growing more convinced the 49ers will trade Lance and stick with this year’s Mr. Irrelevant. With Lance on a rookie contract through 2024, that would be a wild call — even given Purdy’s early form. But teams would figure to be interested in the former No. 3 overall pick — even if he has only played one full season in his five since high school.

41 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

1. Matt Ryan, Yannick, Pryor aren't on the team-- savings-- $40 million ish..

2. You add Anderson and Lance with only giving up picks.. 

3. Find a RG in FA 

I think you can get better in a hurry. Couple of moves, evaluations to make, but yeah.. I would be really happy with that offseason. 

• Like 1

I see no reason for SF to give up Lance. He is on a rookie contract. I need to see a full season from Purdy to sell off on Lance. I also doubt they give him up for anything less than a 1. I think our 1 is too high but perhaps our 2 and say a 4th plus a future 2nd. 

That said I don’t see how Anderson would be there at 4. No way Arizona wouldn’t take him at 3. 

I think the real question becomes is Lance better than any of these young qbs in the draft…and also worth sacrificing 2 years of his rookie contract.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I see no reason for SF to give up Lance. He is on a rookie contract. I need to see a full season from Purdy to sell off on Lance. I also doubt they give him up for anything less than a 1. I think our 1 is too high but perhaps our 2 and say a 4th plus a future 2nd. 

That said I don’t see how Anderson would be there at 4. No way Arizona wouldn’t take him at 3. 

I think the real question becomes is Lance better than any of these young qbs in the draft…and also worth sacrificing 2 years of his rookie contract.

If the Bears trade the 1, as so many think they're going to do for some strange reason, then Anderson could be there at 4. If he isn't, then Carter will be. Either way, I'd want the Colts to take the defender and find a way to get Lance at QB.

Let the Bears look like the clown organization they are by getting greedy. 

Where does all the Lance love come from? He has played 8 NFL games with a55% completion rate, 5 TDS and 3 interceptions and an average passer rating of 84.5 which would have put him ahead of only Ryan and Russ in the top 20 quarterbacks this season.

I would take any of the following, much more proven, free agent quarterbacks this year over Lance: Mayfield, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Garrapolo. I would take the following free agent quarterbacks and draft/develop a 2nd-3rd round quarterback:  Brissett, Bridgewater, Dalton, Minshew.

Just don’t get it and would feel worse about the Colts with Lance at the helm versus any of the other options 

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Where does all the Lance love come from? He has played 8 NFL games with a55% completion rate, 5 TDS and 3 interceptions and an average passer rating of 84.5 which would have put him ahead of only Ryan and Russ in the top 20 quarterbacks this season.

I would take any of the following, much more proven, free agent quarterbacks this year over Lance: Mayfield, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Garrapolo. I would take the following free agent quarterbacks and draft/develop a 2nd-3rd round quarterback:  Brissett, Bridgewater, Dalton, Minshew.

Just don’t get it and would feel worse about the Colts with Lance at the helm versus any of the other options 

SF won’t trade him…no way. He cost nothing and they paid too much to land him. Purdy still hasn’t proven himself. He is just now putting enough game tape together for defenses to learn how to attack him. I’m starting to watch a lot more tape and find myself falling for Anthony Richardson. Still very raw but he these intangibles you can’t teach like pocket awareness and athleticism and incredible arm talent. Just hope we land the right staff to work with him.

My dream would be for Bears to trade with Seattle or Vegas that they then want to move back up to 4 and trade with us. We pick up some extra capital and slide a pick or two and take Richardson. After that just keep building the team up around him. I want a speedster wr and OL help.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

1. Matt Ryan, Yannick, Pryor aren't on the team-- savings-- $40 million ish..

2. You add Anderson and Lance with only giving up picks.. 

3. Find a RG in FA 

I think you can get better in a hurry. Couple of moves, evaluations to make, but yeah.. I would be really happy with that offseason. 

If the Colts cut Ryan, his 2023 cap hit will be an about the same as his 2022 cap hit - $18 million. So no savings there. 

Looks like about $18 million in savings when the Yannick and Pryor contracts expire. 

They can save about another $8 million if they let Kelly go. 

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

SF won’t trade him…no way. He cost nothing and they paid too much to land him. Purdy still hasn’t proven himself. He is just now putting enough game tape together for defenses to learn how to attack him. I’m starting to watch a lot more tape and find myself falling for Anthony Richardson. Still very raw but he these intangibles you can’t teach like pocket awareness and athleticism and incredible arm talent. Just hope we land the right staff to work with him.

My dream would be for Bears to trade with Seattle or Vegas that they then want to move back up to 4 and trade with us. We pick up some extra capital and slide a pick or two and take Richardson. After that just keep building the team up around him. I want a speedster wr and OL help.

I don’t see the Bears trading out of the top 4-5. My guess is they trade down to 2 with Houston.