2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I don’t see the Bears trading out of the top 4-5. My guess is they trade down to 2 with Houston. 

I bet they hope we trade with them…it would be ideal they get one of two best defenders but I have no desire to spend a crap load of picks to get #1 pick. In fact I would be ticked if we do. Hold pat or trade back. I see no reason for Houston to trade. Seattle has a slew of picks and I could see them offering up a bundle to move up and still have ammo to build their defense. Let the #1 sit behind Geno. I could see the Bears filling a lot of holes with those picks. Maybe they make a deal to move back up with us before deciding to fall that far back.

Edited by dgambill

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I bet they hope we trade with them…it would be ideal they get one of two best defenders but I have no desire to spend a crap load of picks to get #1 pick. In fact I would be ticked if we do. Hold pat or trade back. I see no reason for Houston to trade. Seattle has a slew of picks and I could see them offering up a bundle to move up and still have ammo to build their defense. Let the #1 sit behind Geno. I could see the Bears filling a lot of holes with those picks. Maybe they make a deal to move back up with us before deciding to fall that far back.

Houston has a great reason to trade: to make sure someone else (like the colts, Seahawks) doesn’t get in front of them and get their guy. Especially if they think there is 1 superstar QB in this draft. 

29 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Houston has a great reason to trade: to make sure someone else (like the colts, Seahawks) doesn’t get in front of them and get their guy. Especially if they think there is 1 superstar QB in this draft. 

I guess…I just don’t see a guy like that in the draft that is head and shoulders a slam dunk franchise guy. I think there are 4-5 that in the right situations and staffs can put together a good career. We will just have to see.

Knowing Bears don’t want to drop past 3-4 to get one of those top two defensive guys I’d call their bluff and sit tight.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I hate to see stuff like that happen.  Same thing could happen to Burrow tomorrow.  And, if the Bengals re forttunate to win tomorrow, I want to beat the Chiefs with Mahomes next week, not without.  

He won’t miss time. Just may be limited mobility….so drop 7 and hope to get home with 4.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I guess…I just don’t see a guy like that in the draft that is head and shoulders a slam dunk franchise guy. I think there are 4-5 that in the right situations and staffs can put together a good career. We will just have to see.

Knowing Bears don’t want to drop past 3-4 to get one of those top two defensive guys I’d call their bluff and sit tight.

Thing is, if there is one QB in this draft that is better than Justin Fields, the Bears would be idiots not to take him at 1. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Thing is, if there is one QB in this draft that is better than Justin Fields, the Bears would be idiots not to take him at 1. 

Bears have a lot greater need than QB.  If there is no one you like a 1, trade down with a QB needy team.  Fields is a perfectly capable QB.  Pick a QB there and get the 2nd coming of Mitch Trubisky and you've se your team back 10 years.  

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Pick a QB there and get the 2nd coming of Mitch Trubisky and you've se your team back 10 years.  

That’s why I said if there’s someone in the draft better than Fields. I personally don’t see Fields as a Super Bowl-caliber Quarterback, but he’s obviously much better than Trubisky. 

If Poles passes on a Burrow/Mahomes type talent, he’ll never live it down.