Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

But if you swallow the whistle, Michigan had a steal for a runout. You can’t let that foul go uncalled IMO when it’s a textbook definition of a foul. 

I'll have to look at it again. I saw the highlight late last night and thought Haas still caught the ball. Yes, if it got poked away and stolen, then you have to call it. 

56 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'll have to look at it again. I saw the highlight late last night and thought Haas still caught the ball. Yes, if it got poked away and stolen, then you have to call it. 

To be honest if you look at the play from the beginning, Haas could have been called for a foul depending on the refs angle.  JMHO.

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Then you’re not gonna like this guy...

6A102043-45C9-4D44-A211-AC0073FBDC71.jpeg

Those don't look at all the same to me. Bowen's is taller on top, much longer in the back and shaved on the side.  Almost looks like a blonde mohawk mullet.

...and I'd agree that Bowen's version looks stupid, but the kid is entitled to wear his hair however he wants.

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

More importantly, how on earth does Bowen qualify to plat at South Carolina?  I've lost some respect for Frank Martin getting involved in that toxic mess. Bowen should just go to Europe with the Ball family.

Never had any. I like his personality but the guys been bending the envelope since Miami High. Assembles great teams along each stop there, KState, and South Carolina but being a former bouncer in Miami during the Cocaine Cowboys certainly doesn't equate to him adhering to all rules. 

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never had any. I like his personality but the guys been bending the envelope since Miami High. Assembles great teams along each stop there, KState, and South Carolina but being a former bouncer in Miami during the Cocaine Cowboys certainly doesn't equate to him adhering to all rules. 

Refresh my memory........what happened at Miami High?  I can't seem to recall other than I believe a state title got taken away.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Refresh my memory........what happened at Miami High?  I can't seem to recall other than I believe a state title got taken away.

Might be easier to google but going off memory he made up addresses for Steve Blake, Udonis Haslem and other high talent players lived with coaches or employees of school. 

To be fair. I understand that someone like Martin wanted to help a kid who maybe lived in a very bad area of Miami. Make sure they have a roof, food...out of harms way,etc...but there's legal channels to do so. Frank doesn't like that way. He just does stuff and deals with fallout later. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Might be easier to google but going off memory he made up addresses for Steve Blake, Udonis Haslem and other high talent players lived with coaches or employees of school. 

To be fair. I understand that someone like Martin wanted to help a kid who maybe lived in a very bad area of Miami. Make sure they have a roof, food...out of harms way,etc...but there's legal channels to do so. Frank doesn't like that way. He just does stuff and deals with fallout later. 

I did and you were pretty much spot on.  And he was dismissed as HC.

Archived