Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Saw a tweet that said Illinois is winless in B1G conference games since 03/01/2017. In either basketball or football. Yikes. 

Oh yeah.  The Illini remain perfect in BIG play. Zero wins.   And I recall when the Illini fans had a months long thread on Scout... Laughing at IU.  Karma, has had it's revenge.

Nothing but laughter for the Illini. Blow a 20  point lead at home to Iowa?? Anyway....nothing that some of us didn't anticipate. Groce was and is a MAC coach. Left things unbelievably bare there. And what I've watched of some of Underwood's coaching?Plenty of in game question marks, rotations and who starts....

I do want to give U of I credit. It's incredibly difficult to be the absolute worst in both $ sports. Also...it's why we should be cautious on stars. Former Mr Illinois  5 star Mark Smith who chose Illinois over Sparty, Kentucky (allegedly) is coming off the bench now and doesn't look D1 ready as much as his weight/size suggest. 

11 hours ago, bstall76 said:

OSU is a good team and Diop is fantastic.

Not sure if anybody remembers, but in the preseason ESPN talking heads released their picks for the final four and I pointed out that Dakich picked OSU as one of his teams and we all had a good laugh. Not saying that they are going to be in the Final Four now, but I definitely didn't expect them to be this good....I thought they'd be in the bottom half of the BIG. 

12 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not sure if anybody remembers, but in the preseason ESPN talking heads released their picks for the final four and I pointed out that Dakich picked OSU as one of his teams and we all had a good laugh. Not saying that they are going to be in the Final Four now, but I definitely didn't expect them to be this good....I thought they'd be in the bottom half of the BIG. 

I remember.  But a few teams have "crashed".  Minnesota, Maryland, Northwestern, and Wisconsin have been, well, not what we expected.  But props to the Bucknuts.

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Pacers beat the Cavs for the 3rd time this year. 

Wait. Wait. Wait.  This is a thread about College BB. Not the pro's.    However, believing you are a great member..... you're excused. 

On the other hand, as DJ offered up..... Penn State beats the Cornhuskers ?   This is a crazy B1G year.  Heck IU may win it all, for all we know...... Just kidding. But this has been a crazy year for Big Ten Basketball. 

23 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Lots of notable early games currently at the half:

MSU 37 UM 34

Purdue 40 Minny 27

Seton Hall 44 Georgetown 31

Kansas 34 KSU 34

Duke 46 Wake 33

I'm watching Sparty before get out of the house for some fun/beers/hoops/football but Sparty is just missing something. Not sure what. Shooter, spark...Izzo is almost dead from yelling and nothing is working. Hopefully we get this version of Sparty when we play. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm watching Sparty before get out of the house for some fun/beers/hoops/football but Sparty is just missing something. Not sure what. Shooter, spark...Izzo is almost dead from yelling and nothing is working. Hopefully we get this version of Sparty when we play. 

Turned on the Purdue game. The second I heard Dakich's voice, I switched over to Mich/Mich State.  Pretty good game

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Classic end of game sequence for Bruce Weber as KSU falls to Kansas. Absolutely nothing drawn up for the final play as they dribbled around the perimeter and hoisted up a prayer. 

30 foot prayer vs attacking the rim in a 1 point game. Bubbles is always good for a laugh. 

Archived