Around the B1G/NCAA

15 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WOW! Watched the end of the Mich. vs. Perdoo game and the refs really hosed the Wolverines reversing a crucial possession call in favor of the Boilermakers....

I don’t think Michigan has a lot to complain about. I think they got a favorable whistle for the majority of the evening. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'd be shocked if you said different

Do you disagree?

I saw several folks on twitter (including Zach Osterman) that said they agreed that it was off Michigan and was Purdue ball. That was also clearly a foul on Wagner too. So why did Purdue get so lucky if those were both the right calls?

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Do you disagree?

I saw several folks on twitter (including Zach Osterman) that said they agreed that it was off Michigan and was Purdue ball. That was also clearly a foul on Wagner too. So why did Purdue get so lucky if those were both the right calls?

I thought the foul call was correct but thought the over turn call was terrible.

I agree with DD on this one subject and not much else.  He as said the down fall of Indiana University and the fan base was when president McRobbie started bringing in to many out of state students especially kids from the east coast.  What made this fan base so great was that Indiana fans was a generationally thing and kids grew up on IU basketball.  It went from generation to generation and now people who never watched IU basketball until they went to IU they have no clue about history of IU basketball.

I never said the younger generation doesn't know anything but if you did not grow up with it then you don't know what being an U fan is all about.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because there was definitely no undisputable evidence that it went out on UM.  The call on the floor was UM ball and they have to have undisputable evidence and there was none.

I’ve seen several non-biased people mention that it was clearly Purdue ball. Refs got to look at an even better view than we did and determined it was off Michigan. Osterman and Seth Davis agree it should be Purdue ball. Even the Michigan beat writer (Brendan F Quinn)for the athletic said “I thought it was clearly Purdue ball.” 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’ve seen several non-biased people mention that it was clearly Purdue ball. Refs got to look at an even better view than we did and determined it was off Michigan. Osterman and Seth Davis agree it should be Purdue ball. Their opinion not enough for you?

Nope because I can think for myself and don't need someone else to tell me what I saw and it should have been UM ball.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I agree with DD on this one subject and not much else.  He as said the down fall of Indiana University and the fan base was when president McRobbie started bringing in to many out of state students especially kids from the east coast.  What made this fan base so great was that Indiana fans was a generationally thing and kids grew up on IU basketball.  It went from generation to generation and now people who never watched IU basketball until they went to IU they have no clue about history of IU basketball.

I never said the younger generation doesn't know anything but if you did not grow up with it then you don't know what being an U fan is all about.

FYI....many schools (IU included) had to figure out a way to keep universities relatively affordable for in state students while not tapping state resources. One way to do that is to allow more out of state students in. Dakich falling into true form. Say something and figure out facts later.

Trust me. I agree with you. Wish there was more Indiana kids still there.  Anyway Dakich is letting his sister (Monroe County Prosecutor) dictate all of his feelings about IU students. She gets all of the rich elitist kids from East Coast who get in trouble and says that's all of IU right now. Just isn't true. 

Didn't watch any of Purdue game. Just read an article. How long did the review take? JB basically said if it's taking that long it means they probably didn't find enough evidence to overturn?

Random games around country. Butler 3 losses in a row. Play Marquette on Friday who beat Seton Hall by 20 last night. Another Wisconsin loss.  Kentucky won't make the 2nd weekend in tourney. Still amazes me that Cal can pretty much get who he wants and still can't recruit pure shooters. Is Big 12 this good? Or just smoke? Kansas, Tech, Oklahoma, West Virginia....some really good teams there. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't watch any of Purdue game. Just read an article. How long did the review take? JB basically said if it's taking that long it means they probably didn't find enough evidence to overturn?

Random games around country. Butler 3 losses in a row. Play Marquette on Friday who beat Seton Hall by 20 last night. Another Wisconsin loss.  Kentucky won't make the 2nd weekend in tourney. Still amazes me that Cal can pretty much get who he wants and still can't recruit pure shooters. Is Big 12 this good? Or just smoke? Kansas, Tech, Oklahoma, West Virginia....some really good teams there. 

Not sure the definition of a pure shooter... but Malik Monk and Devin Booker are as good of shooters as anyone. Jamaal Murray and Derek Willis were good shooters as well. Kyle Wiltjer was a big time shooter, as was Doron Lamb... I'm all for hating on UK, but they've had shooters. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not sure the definition of a pure shooter... but Malik Monk and Devin Booker are as good of shooters as anyone. Jamaal Murray and Derek Willis were good shooters as well. Kyle Wiltjer was a big time shooter, as was Doron Lamb... I'm all for hating on UK, but they've had shooters. 

Guess I should have been more clear. Of the names you listed only 2 average more than 40%. Hulls was 44%. Fine line I guess but maybe we differ on pure shooter. I'll agree on Lamb. Maybe Murray. The rest? Nope. 

Just seems like Cal given his desire to drive and dish would always have at least one pure guy every single year. If not more. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I should have been more clear. Of the names you listed only 2 average more than 40%. Hulls was 44%. Fine line I guess but maybe we differ on pure shooter. I'll agree on Lamb. Maybe Murray. The rest? Nope. 

Just seems like Cal given his desire to drive and dish would always have at least one pure guy every single year. If not more. 

I see where you are coming from and agree with you to an extent.  This is jmho, but I don't think Cal is getting the pick of the litter anymore.  And by that I mean that a lot of the 5*'s are ending up in other places.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Watched the replay of the Purdue-Michigan play and immediately thought the back went out off Michigan. Not sure what the controversy is all about? Foul call on Wagner was kind of weak though. 

He had both arms around Haas I think it was a fairly easy call. Agree on the ball being off Michigan though. 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He had both arms around Haas I think it was a fairly easy call. Agree on the ball being off Michigan though. 

He did have his arms on him, but it was really lightly and didn't really alter the play for force Haas off balance. Was it a foul by the letter of the law, yes. But, I felt it was one where you could swallow the whistle and let them play. 

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He did have his arms on him, but it was really lightly and didn't really alter the play for force Haas off balance. Was it a foul by the letter of the law, yes. But, I felt it was one where you could swallow the whistle and let them play. 

But if you swallow the whistle, Michigan had a steal for a runout. You can’t let that foul go uncalled IMO when it’s a textbook definition of a foul. 

Archived