Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Do all 5 in their student section make that much noise?

LOL...It actually sounds like about five male student voices but man, is it annoying.  Considering they are about to get beat by Little Ricky's depleted troops at home, they should probably save their breath next game.

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Since upsetting #1 Villanova....Butler has lost 4 of 5 games. Looks like they are 7th in standings just ahead of Depaul, St. Johns, and Georgetown.

Well 1-7 that conference is loaded.  The Dawgs finish .500 I still think they are in.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Well 1-7 that conference is loaded.  The Dawgs finish .500 I still think they are in.

Very good conference for sure. Just not sure its right to have 70% of one conference to get in. Guess if resumes warrant they should but will interesting to follow. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Very good conference for sure. Just not sure its right to have 70% of one conference to get in. Guess if resumes warrant they should but will interesting to follow. 

I really haven't been following the mid-major conferences to see how many might be 2 bid(Gonzaga's excluded) worthy.

5 hours ago, rico said:

I agree Big East is loaded and .500 would get them in.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish in the top 5.  Remaining schedule looks to be favorable 6 of remaining 10 at home @ Vill and  @ Marq are toughest remaining away games 

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly, it's all about the resume. Beyond the conference champions getting automatic bids, what conference you're in doesn't matter, aside from the fact that being from a good conference helps your resume. The committee doesn't compare or even look at how many teams are from a particular conference. 

53 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Purdue is good, but are they peaking too early like the Zeller, Oladipo, Hulls, etc. team did.  March is when they usually falter.

Have you seen the rest of their B1G schedule?  They could likely go 17-1 in conference and will be a 1 seed.  If Painter pulls a Crean and gets hammered in the Sweet 16 the Boilers will lose it.  If they can't make a FF this year it's never going to happen. 

Archived