Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

To me, last night's Michigan / Nebraska game confirms my belief that Nebraska is going to be a very tough road game to get.

Just depends on which team shows up for Nebraska. The one that needed a desperation 3 to beat Illinois at home? Or last night's version. Hopefully we get the prior. 

Adding to what I just posted about the Nebraska/Michigan game.  And from the "enjoy it while you can" file....... after checking the B1G standings......IU is tied with MSU for second place in the B1G !  Two undefeated teams tied for first, OSU and Purdue..... and then IU and MSU in second, with two losses.   How crazy is that ?

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Adding to what I just posted about the Nebraska/Michigan game.  And from the "enjoy it while you can" file....... after checking the B1G standings......IU is tied with MSU for second place in the B1G !  Two undefeated teams tied for first, OSU and Purdue..... and then IU and MSU in second, with two losses.   How crazy is that ?

We are actually tied for third, but it's great. Take care of business tonight and we are all alone in third. 

8 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Wisconsin pummels Illinois by 25. 

Hopefully Illinois can muster up the energy to get first win on Monday vs Sparty. Or at the very least play really, really well and lose a close one so mentally they are dead when we come calling on Wednesday. 

18 minutes ago, rico said:

This is just a hunch.The 3 players have been held out of playing all year but someone at St. Louis basically said we need to do something ASAP because of the way Minnesota and Michigan St have handled their own sexual assault, rape, pedophile acts (Michigan St) investigations/trials,etc...

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is just a hunch.The 3 players have been held out of playing all year but someone at St. Louis basically said we need to do something ASAP because of the way Minnesota and Michigan St have handled their own sexual assault, rape, pedophile acts (Michigan St) investigations/trials,etc...

Interesting take.......one that I cannot dispute given the current landscape.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting take.......one that I cannot dispute given the current landscape.

I have a relative who works in administration at Marquette. Let's just say this. Anytime the word Title IX or sexual assault comes up....it's most campus administrators worst nightmare. They want it handled asap to make sure there isn't an appearance of impropriety because of athletics. Which makes Minnesota and especially Michigan State's decisions really insane. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting development this morning. Billy Preston, 5 star recruit for Kansas, has officially signed with a pro team in Bosnia. No word from Kansas or Self saying report is true. 

He gone. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/billy-preston-5-star-kansas-recruit-signs-with-bosnian-team-and-wont-play-in-college/

Archived