Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

WOW...announcer just said "Spartans shoot 79% but turn it over 15 times"...

...in the first half?!!!

With 1:00 left they’ve amassed 25 TO’s. Cassius Winston with 8. They’ll escape with a win because they shot lights out when they could get a shot up but wow, Izzo is gonna stoke out

I took a look at box score and some of the numbers just don't make any sense. Sparty doubled up on free throws on the road ? Guess nothing matters when you shoot 70%. I don't care how it happens. We just need a win. 5-4 at halfway point is fine but 6-3 headed into Purdue game sounds so much better.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Wisconsin is really bad. I’m trying to imagine this team without Happ. Yikes. 

Have 2 Wisconsin grads as friends. Both before the season said no problem, things will be ok. I can sense they are starting to see what life is about without Ryan's players and Ryan as a coach. And I agree...without Happ? 8th or 9th in Big 10 at best moving forward. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

An interesting question to ponder.... would you rather change the result of the ISU and FW games or just the Wisconsin game?  

First two. No question. If we are 14-6 we would be viewed as tourney team. Now the national narrative is need 2-3 quality wins just to get to bubble. 

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Have 2 Wisconsin grads as friends. Both before the season said no problem, things will be ok. I can sense they are starting to see what life is about without Ryan's players and Ryan as a coach. And I agree...without Happ? 8th or 9th in Big 10 at best moving forward. 

I know Trice is hurt but yeah I’m not sold on Gard being the guy for them. Once all of Ryan’s guys are gone, it’ll be very interesting. 

Had to share this. So I moved around a lot, predominately growing up in Indiana and PA, so I like PSU football. I don’t post any where or participate in any forums, it’s not like the way I follow IU basketball of course, but I do occasionally read some message boards just to follow recruiting a bit. 

So I bring it up because I checked one of their boards and they have a “fire Chambers” thread and no lie these are some of the names they are seriously discussing. 

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Had to share this. So I moved around a lot, predominately growing up in Indiana and PA, so I like PSU football. I don’t post any where or participate in any forums, it’s not like the way I follow IU basketball of course, but I do occasionally read some message boards just to follow recruiting a bit. 

So I bring it up because I checked one of their boards and they have a “fire Chambers” thread and no lie these are some of the names they are seriously discussing. 

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

ROFL.jpg

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

Oh my

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

I want to laugh at this list, but then I remember that was the same reaction other fanbases had when we thought we were getting Billy Donovan, lol.  I still haven’t lived that one down yet.

59 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I want to laugh at this list, but then I remember that was the same reaction other fanbases had when we thought we were getting Billy Donovan, lol.  I still haven’t lived that one down yet.

I dunno, I think Billy Donovan to IU is about 1000 times less of a stretch than ANY of these coaches going to Penn State.

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

To me Penn St needs some respectability with their next hire. They don't need anymore local hires. No more oh this guy is doing well at smaller program so he'll do fine here. Now I'm not sure he would ever want to move his family there but Coach Crean checks plenty of the boxes that a school and hoops program like Penn St should be looking for.

Archived