Around the B1G/NCAA

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So.... I am watching Maryland take it to MSU in the first half of Sunday's game.  And I am wondering to myself..... how did IU beat the Terps this week ?

Teams are so inconsistent because MSU killed us and we beat Maryland.  I guess it depends if you are playing at home or on the road.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Teams are so inconsistent because MSU killed us and we beat Maryland.  I guess it depends if you are playing at home or on the road.

Oh. I do agree about the home court advantage.  However, take a look at KU and UK losing home games this season, like never before. Even IU, for that matter.   In the case of MSU, they still have a half to pull it out. However, I am wondering how heavily the actions on campus this past weekend have to do with their issues in the first half. 

16 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sampson was nowhere near the level of this scandal. But the fans and team rallied behind him. Until the administration took care of it. Hopefully MSU does the same. 

Yep. Only difference there is IU gave itself the death penalty for a parking ticket. Sparty isn't going to derail a Final 4 team like we did. Or Louisville or whomever else not named IU that would decide February was a good time to explode a Final 4 team. 

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just an FYI too. Several started coming out over the weekend saying Chris Mack is almost a lock for Louisville job after this season. 

Hmm.. I like him as a coach, but that doesn't seem to be some giant step up. The Padgett guy should have a job somewhere, I think he can coach. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Hmm.. I like him as a coach, but that doesn't seem to be some giant step up. The Padgett guy should have a job somewhere, I think he can coach. 

I'm not sure Padgett is an option for Louisville long term since he was there for the scandal and the FBI investigation is ongoing. Agree that he has done a pretty good job, though. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Nebraska went into the Kohl Center and came out with a W. They have solidly positioned themselves right there next to Michigan. I think our best case scenario is 6th. 

It's pissing me off that IU is about the only team that can't win at Wisconsin this year.

(I know there are others...just saying how it feels and how frustrated that makes me.)

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's pissing me off that IU is about the only team that can't win at Wisconsin this year.

(I know there are others...just saying how it feels and how frustrated that makes me.)

No lie, I think we're the only Big Ten team that's never won in that building. It's infuriating.

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just an FYI too. Several started coming out over the weekend saying Chris Mack is almost a lock for Louisville job after this season. 

There has been some discussion on Louisville radio about Chris Mack.  I did not hear anything specific over the weekend, but last week that consensus was that Mack probably would NOT take the job. 

• Xavier has positioned itself as a consistent Top 20 program>  It may not have Louisville's history, but it's arguably an equal, or even better, program today.
  • Louisville has a huge unknown in with the upcoming sanctions.  Would any coach of Mack's stature be committed to giving up essentially 2-3 years of their career rebuilding.
  • The Big East may not have the prestige of the ACC, but it is a darn good basketball conference.  Overall, if you are a top coach, I think the Big East offers an equal or better opportunity for high tournament seeds than the ACC does.      

The one thing Louisville can likely offer that Xavier can't is money.  But, even then, UL's coffers will not be as flush as they were before all of these scandals.  The new administration may not be able to throw around the kind of cash the old one did.

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There has been some discussion on Louisville radio about Chris Mack.  I did not hear anything specific over the weekend, but last week that consensus was that Mack probably would NOT take the job. 

• Xavier has positioned itself as a consistent Top 20 program>  It may not have Louisville's history, but it's arguably an equal, or even better, program today.
  • Louisville has a huge unknown in with the upcoming sanctions.  Would any coach of Mack's stature be committed to giving up essentially 2-3 years of their career rebuilding.
  • The Big East may not have the prestige of the ACC, but it is a darn good basketball conference.  Overall, if you are a top coach, I think the Big East offers an equal or better opportunity for high tournament seeds than the ACC does.      

The one thing Louisville can likely offer that Xavier can't is money.  But, even then, UL's coffers will not be as flush as they were before all of these scandals.  The new administration may not be able to throw around the kind of cash the old one did.

Not that were talking all the distance in the world but Chris Mack has often said how much his wife (former hoops star, Miss Kentucky runner up) has done for her, given up for her,etc.....that it wouldn't surprise me if going home to Louisville for his wife wins out. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not that were talking all the distance in the world but Chris Mack has often said how much his wife (former hoops star, Miss Kentucky runner up) has done for her, given up for her,etc.....that it wouldn't surprise me if going home to Louisville for his wife wins out. 

That is exactly what a lot of Cards fans are saying on other sites.  His wife.

I agree with what fouls said above concerning the Big East.  But money talks and I just have the feeling that the coaches in that conference are gonna start getting pillaged.

Archived