Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I know we had discussed them being a bubble team a few weeks back. 10-11 losses is probably still safe but as what? 9 or 10 seed?

I would say they are comfortably in.......and I would say you pretty much got the seeding nailed down.  But it could rise or the bottom could fall off.

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I actually think they are a 2, but we are splitting hairs. They're number 5 in RPI and 8 on KenPom.

Duke and Kansas surely helped them out moving up the line.  And Auburn's numbers are quite good.........I have been talking up the SEC all season, but I don't know if they got an "Alpha Dog" in there.  But the Tigers are definitely at that 2-3 line right now.  And are in the discussion for a #1 at this point.

2 hours ago, Coach1K said:

Here is K's full comment from yesterday:

We did not play basketball the first 32 minutes worthy of our program," Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "We were like five individuals out there, and it was disgusting, really. They were a very frustrating group to coach today because they didn’t respond to anything until the last eight minutes. That’s unacceptable. That is unacceptable."

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2018/02/making-a-splash-ponds-leads-red-storm-past-duke-mens-basketball-in-new-york

Maybe that is what you get sometimes when you get to many one and done players who are only looking out for their draft stock.  I really enjoy seeing coach K and Cal complain about how their players because they bring it on themselves by recruiting so many ne and done players.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe that is what you get sometimes when you get to many one and done players who are only looking out for their draft stock.  I really enjoy seeing coach K and Cal complain about how their players because they bring it on themselves by recruiting so many ne and done players.

And Duke has the three top recruits coming in next year.  In and out. 

19 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the topic, Jerry.  Been following this for the past week in the Denver Post.  Wanted to post it here, but figured you guys would not be interested.

Story in the Denver Post from three days ago:

Colorado State University is investigating its basketball program, Larry Eustachy declines to comment – The Denver Post

And one from just this morning  :

Larry Eustachy to Colorado State basketball team: My job is safe – The Denver Post

Coach has a track record.  Bad hire by CSU... just like when IU hired Sampson, In my opinion. 

Ahhhh, Larry Eustachy, now he and his pal Tom Jurich both have more time to pal around together...birds of a feather.....

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ohio State dang near lost to Illinois at home.  Illinois made some bone-headed plays at the end that cost them dearly.  Black was coming out to set a screen and the guard made his move before Black was set resulting in Black fouling out.  Just stupid.

Didn’t help they went the last 10:11 of the first half without a point haha. 

21 hours ago, rico said:

Actually I saw somewhere where Purdue has the best resume out there right now.

i heard something like that too.  it's just very hard to understand.  they have no wins over teams currently ranked anywhere in relevance other than AZ.  and they have a couple bad losses.  again, not saying anyone else deserves to be above them at this point, but i don't see where their impressive wins are.

8 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i heard something like that too.  it's just very hard to understand.  they have no wins over teams currently ranked anywhere in relevance other than AZ.  and they have a couple bad losses.  again, not saying anyone else deserves to be above them at this point, but i don't see where their impressive wins are.

They may not have an impressive win but they haven't lost in forever and only one of those losses could be considered bad.  UT is respectable. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

They may not have an impressive win but they haven't lost in forever and only one of those losses could be considered bad.  UT is respectable. 

Actually Western Kentucky aint that bad.  They played 'Nova tuff and they beat SMU.  I think I saw where they are sitting at 16-7.

9 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

They’ve beaten #20 Michigan twice and have 0 bad losses. Tennessee is a top 25 team and WKU isn’t a bad loss as they have an RPI of 50. 

Archived