Around the B1G/NCAA

Just now, IU Scott said:

I think DePaul would be a great place for him except for DePaul needs to be able to recruit in Chicago and Crean doesn't play those games.

Not the CPL games but Justin Smith types. 4 star players who are really good kids. Plenty of those still in the area.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not the CPL games but Justin Smith types. 4 star players who are really good kids. Plenty of those still in the area.

When DePaul was really good in the early to mid 80's most of their team was made up of mainly CPL players like Terry Cummings, Mark Aguierre, Skip Dillard and more.  I watched a game on YouTube a few weeks ago between DePaul and Notre Dame and when they did the players introductions all of their players were from a CPL school.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think DePaul would be a great place for him except for DePaul needs to be able to recruit in Chicago and Crean doesn't play those games.

DePaul lost it's luster when the Chicago kids started going elsewhere.  That really started with Isiah Thomas.  To me I think the kids just want to get out of that city.

45 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Have you been to any other SEC stadiums?

Yes, I have been to UK (which is nice) when Antwaan was a SO, I believe. We were going to go to IU @Minnesota this coming year, until we found out it was on a Friday and I coach HS football... so that won't work. Thanks big ten. Idiots. 

We will probably go to another UT game in Knoxville this year and then maybe go to UT @ Vandy since Nashville is so cool. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I absolutely will. One of the very few times in my life I was astonished/lost for words when I walked into Neyland. 

That place rocks.......I have been to the "Big House'", "The Horseshoe", and "Notre Dame Stadium".  Neyland is a sight to behold.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I absolutely will. One of the very few times in my life I was astonished/lost for words when I walked into Neyland. 

Been there twice. Once during Peyton years and the other in 01 I think. One of my friends growing up married a country music guy who had a boat we tailgated on before game. Besides some sold out night games at Orange Bowl in Miami one of the very best game day environments I've ever been....but I haven't been to others in the SEC so it could be par for the course. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Yes, I have been to UK (which is nice) when Antwaan was a SO, I believe. We were going to go to IU @Minnesota this coming year, until we found out it was on a Friday and I coach HS football... so that won't work. Thanks big ten. Idiots. 

We will probably go to another UT game in Knoxville this year and then maybe go to UT @ Vandy since Nashville is so cool. 

Gotcha, you should check out places like Georgia, Auburn and Bama. They'll blow you away. 

Random pieces of info.  Did you know if you have a Fire stick, the FoxSportsGo app, and a friends tv password you can watch BTN on that app?  I just figured that out.  My life changed in an instant.  

Also.  If I was a Purdue student, I would get kicked out of my own student section for absolutely refusing to wear black gloves.  I would also probably have started a fight with my entire student section comrades for chanting IU sucks even when you are the number 1,2, or 3 team in the nation.  Those 2 things prove they will never be on our level, even when we are down, we are still above.  @Stlboiler23, please tell me you didn't wear black gloves???  If so, delete your account and never come back.  :P

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

How does a team lose 11 in a row with home losses to the likes of Providence, Depaul and Georgetown beat Duke and then turn around and beat Nova at Nova??

Maybe IU can turn around and win the BIG tourney!

Mullin fighting for his job?

Archived