Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note, that was not a well-played game.  If those are the two best teams in the B1G...wow...

I saw at least two airball threes and a made banked three by Ohio State.  Haas bricked a dunk. Vince Edwards just had a poor game offensively.  Carson Edwards was the exception, although he was a non-factor at the end when OSU caught the Smellermakers.  Had Carson Edwards not played out of his mind, Purdue would have gotten spanked at home.  Not a good look for a potential final four team.

Give OSU credit.  They scrapped out a big win when they weren't playing their best.

...and love Robbie Hummel as a color man, but in the post-game show, he looked like his best friend died.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

On a serious note, that was not a well-played game.  If those are the two best teams in the B1G...wow...

I saw at least two airball threes and a made banked three by Ohio State.  Haas bricked a dunk. Vince Edwards just had a poor game offensively.  Carson Edwards was the exception, although he was a non-factor at the end when OSU caught the Smellermakers.  Had Carson Edwards not played out of his mind, Purdue would have gotten spanked at home.  Not a good look for a potential final four team.

Give OSU credit.  They scrapped out a big win when they weren't playing their best.

...and love Robbie Hummel as a color man, but in the post-game show, he looked like his best friend died.

That was a heck of a game.  Enjoyed watching it very much.  Kind of a game, where one thinks, no one lost.  And I totally agree about Hummel as a color man. 

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue was going to lose at some point. Oh well. 

Being bad on the class will get you beat in the tourney. Also you guys are not a team that is going to wow you with athleticism like Michigan state besides Carson Edwards who I believe is easily your best and most dynamic player and it showed tonight. 

I think Painter does a good job for the most part without getting a lot of top level talent besides swanigan and hammons. With the team not being real athletic they play to their strengths by ball movement and screening extremely well in half court.  

Depending on the draw I think the lack of athleticism and rebounding will catch up to you if they can't shoot the ball really well from the outside in a game. I'm gonna say you get to the sweet sixteen but then it will get real iffy. 

Nice team though. Enjoy it while it last. Archie Miller and Chris Holtman is going to take over the big ten and it's already happening. 

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I boilered up a few times in college...a most unpleasant experience usually following a long night of drinking, but occasionally brought on by Taco Bell.

I did too, visited a buddy who decided to attend PU. Always ended up being a weird night on a ghastly campus with a subpar bar scene

Also, just now had to scour the internet to find a purdue basketball board but once I did I discovered their members using the gem 'loosiers'

17 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

I did too, visited a buddy who decided to attend PU. Always ended up being a weird night on a ghastly campus with a subpar bar scene

Also, just now had to scour the internet to find a purdue basketball board but once I did I discovered their members using the gem 'loosiers'

LOL...yeah, GBI is pathetically hilarious.  Tonight it's got topics like "That was a choke job" (can't argue with that), "we suck" (probably an overreaction) and "Holtman > Painter" (likely).

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Carsen is absolutely capable of doing what he did tonight. I think what was crazier was how two terrible shooters for OSU combined to go 6-9 from 3. That’s more abnormal than Carsen going for 28. 

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Gotta hand it to you StlBoiler for showing up on a rivals board after suffering a loos on your home court...

I thought OSU could give Perdoo fits

I don’t shy away after losses. Was a very winnable game and a lot of things had to happen for us to blow it and they did. Oh well. Move on and beat MSU. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t shy away after losses. Was a very winnable game and a lot of things had to happen for us to blow it and they did. Oh well. Move on and beat MSU. 

Diop didn't play great either. Lots of unexpected things on both sides of the ball.  Other than Haas, your seniors really laid an egg in that game. Surprising.

54 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Diop didn't play great either. Lots of unexpected things on both sides of the ball.  Other than Haas, your seniors really laid an egg in that game. Surprising.

My biggest gripe is with PJ. Vince is still getting over the flu and still had 11. PJ can’t go 0-5 from 3 when he shoots 49% from 3 on the year. Dakota had some uncharacteristic turnovers too. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

My biggest gripe is with PJ. Vince is still getting over the flu and still had 11. PJ can’t go 0-5 from 3 when he shoots 49% from 3 on the year. Dakota had some uncharacteristic turnovers too. 

I honestly forgot PJ was playing until after the game (wasn't paying real close attention apparently).  I noticed everyone else, but you're right.  PJ literally disappeared.  I at least noticed the rest of the senior class playing.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I honestly forgot PJ was playing until after the game (wasn't paying real close attention apparently).  I noticed everyone else, but you're right.  PJ literally disappeared.  I at least noticed the rest of the senior class playing.

I titled a thread on GBI that said “Is PJ okay?” And then said I didn’t see him tonight so was just curious. 

Archived