Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a native of the area I always seem to hear things in Chicago.  So people remember Heirman from La Lumiere who took assistant job at Depaul to deliver recruits. Anyway...he missed on Bowen, Tilmon and Tyger today. Plenty of ticked off people with whole situation. Reason I bring this up. Do you think a guy like Crean would ever consider something like Depaul? Not sure they could afford him. Natural recruiting area. Just a thought.

^^ don't have any answers to your question, but would enjoy seeing Depaul be a player again. I grew up watching Depaul in the heyday under Ray Meyer. Was actually maybe more of a Depaul fan back then than an IU fan. Ray Meyer was a very likable guy compared to coach Knight. 

Honestly that loss by Michigan is probably good for us.  I went through the schedules for Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern, IU, and Maryland yesterday. If we win out and everything breaks right, there’s a tiny chance we could get the 4 seed in the BTT at 11-7.  How funny would that be?

Watch Minnesota and tell me what offense they run.  My observation: none.  I guess you could classify it as schoolyard offense, but I don't see any thought in what they do.  Not all that surprising given who's (not) coaching them.

Ricky has called a time-out...let's see if he comes up with anything meaningful...

5 hours ago, Drroogh said:

^^ don't have any answers to your question, but would enjoy seeing Depaul be a player again. I grew up watching Depaul in the heyday under Ray Meyer. Was actually maybe more of a Depaul fan back then than an IU fan. Ray Meyer was a very likable guy compared to coach Knight. 

Yep.  I know and understand how our younger fans would find it hard to believe.... that at one time DePaul was a major player on the college basketball stage, under the first coach Meyer.  But they were.  And growing up, in NWI, I did not know any different.  And like you ....was a major fan... because.... they were good. 

51 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

After seeing MSU go in to OT and eke out a W and Perdoo having a tough game at Rutgers, I'm seeing the BTT wide open. I'm telling you, a dark horse could win that thing, may as well be IU, right???

Well we can not shoot in our home arena,  in Indy, other B1G arenas, maybe, just maybe we can shoot in one of, if not the, most famous basketball arena in the world.  Stranger things have happened. I mean Vanderbilt has 2 5* players coming and in the final 3 for Romeo.

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Being a native of the area I always seem to hear things in Chicago.  So people remember Heirman from La Lumiere who took assistant job at Depaul to deliver recruits. Anyway...he missed on Bowen, Tilmon and Tyger today. Plenty of ticked off people with whole situation. Reason I bring this up. Do you think a guy like Crean would ever consider something like Depaul? Not sure they could afford him. Natural recruiting area. Just a thought.

I think DePaul would be a great place for him except for DePaul needs to be able to recruit in Chicago and Crean doesn't play those games.

Archived