Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seeking6 said:

Correct. One loss. Anyone suggesting this isn't an indicator of maybe what will happen in tourney? Don't lol me....with the one loss stuff. 

I’m not too concerned. Purdue missed a lot of shots they normally make and only 4 guys scored. Weird game but I’m not concerned. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m not too concerned. Purdue missed a lot of shots they normally make and only 4 guys scored. Weird game but I’m not concerned. 

Very true. Players already forgot about the loss. Hopefully for their sake fans will too. I don't think I can stomach Dakich today.

34 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Serious question: Are you concerned that Purdue may have peaked too early?  The hottest team in January/February doesn't always win it all.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

So now it appears to me that tOSU is in the driver's seat.

Not so sure.  They have to play @PSU, @UM, and @IU over these last 5 games.  Outside of Purdue’s next game @MSU, Purdue has a much easier schedule than OSU.  MSU also has a fairly easy schedule after playing Purdue, outside of playing @Northwestern.  If MSU beats Purdue, I think they will have the inside track.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not so sure.  They have to play @PSU, @UM, and @IU over these last 5 games.  Outside of Purdue’s next game @MSU, Purdue has a much easier schedule than OSU.  MSU also has a fairly easy schedule after playing Purdue, outside of playing @Northwestern.  If MSU beats Purdue, I think they will have the inside track.

If the Bucks win out they win.  If the Bucks tie with either Purdue or MSU(or both) they have the tie-breaker.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Conference championships are shared if records are equal. Tiebreakers only matter for tournament seeding.

I know that, but the Bucks are in the driver's seat.  Albeit they got a tough row to hoe to get there.  

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I can't think of a more wide-open tourney year than this one.  Every team out there has been exposed at one time or another and it's an absolute mystery about who will show up and/or peak at tourney time.

I'm thinking Vanderbilt.:coffee:

UVA is the notable exception here. They've been nothing other than exceptionally consistent. 

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t think it was anything being exposed necessarily. PJ and Vince had off nights. It happens. Our defense was solid. 

Can understand your take, and if I was in your shoes I would probably have the same view.  But this what I see, right here right now, a Boiler team that snuck by IU.  A Boiler team that snuck by Rutgers.  And a Boiler team that got beat by tOSU.  As an avid basketball fan, alarm bells are going off with Purdue.  

Archived