Around the B1G/NCAA

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me Penn St needs some respectability with their next hire. They don't need anymore local hires. No more oh this guy is doing well at smaller program so he'll do fine here. Now I'm not sure he would ever want to move his family there but Coach Crean checks plenty of the boxes that a school and hoops program like Penn St should be looking for.

Respectability is gonna have a price tag on it.  Are the Lions willing to pay premium dollar?  I dunno.  But if Nebraska can get Miles, PSU should be able to get someone of that ilk. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me Penn St needs some respectability with their next hire. They don't need anymore local hires. No more oh this guy is doing well at smaller program so he'll do fine here. Now I'm not sure he would ever want to move his family there but Coach Crean checks plenty of the boxes that a school and hoops program like Penn St should be looking for.

Crean was mentioned several times in thread several times. So was Gottfried and other retread (for lack of a better word) type guys. I think that would actually be a good route if they could convince someone to take it. As you said, they need someone that would bring experience and stability. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Crean was mentioned several times in thread several times. So was Gottfried and other retread (for lack of a better word) type guys. I think that would actually be a good route if they could convince someone to take it. As you said, they need someone that would bring experience and stability. 

I think Crean (total package of PR, recruiting, developing NBA talent) is far superior than a guy like Bruce Weber for example....but Kansas St is at least stable. I see some small comparable similarities. Penn St needs to bring in proven guys. 

15 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Iowa taking this would be better for us to secure a higher slot in the B1G.

Yep, I'm glad it worked out that way, too! IU needs as much "cushion" as they can get going into the next few games.   Do they even make cushions for jumping out of frying pans into fire?  O.o xD

13 hours ago, BGleas said:

Had to share this. So I moved around a lot, predominately growing up in Indiana and PA, so I like PSU football. I don’t post any where or participate in any forums, it’s not like the way I follow IU basketball of course, but I do occasionally read some message boards just to follow recruiting a bit. 

So I bring it up because I checked one of their boards and they have a “fire Chambers” thread and no lie these are some of the names they are seriously discussing. 

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

Capel is K's replacement when he retires that is if and when he does.

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dakich been busy last night and this morning. Just said he'll deliver Louisville news around 1215 Indy time on his show. There's been whispers of banner coming down additional penalties but we'll see. Could just be DD having some fun. 

They should get the death penalty. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Dakich been busy last night and this morning. Just said he'll deliver Louisville news around 1215 Indy time on his show. There's been whispers of banner coming down additional penalties but we'll see. Could just be DD having some fun. 

Didn't the banner already come down?

3 hours ago, Coach1K said:

Capel is K's replacement when he retires that is if and when he does.

Agree. What I've always heard (which means what I've heard reporters say) is that K wants Capel. I think Mike White could be great, and understand his dad is the AD, but I think K gets his way on the initial replacement. If that person fails, then it will open up to other candidates. 

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

Had to share this. So I moved around a lot, predominately growing up in Indiana and PA, so I like PSU football. I don’t post any where or participate in any forums, it’s not like the way I follow IU basketball of course, but I do occasionally read some message boards just to follow recruiting a bit. 

So I bring it up because I checked one of their boards and they have a “fire Chambers” thread and no lie these are some of the names they are seriously discussing. 

Jay Wright

Sean Miller

Chris Mack

Bobby Hurley

Steve WoJo

Jeff Capel

Etc. 

All those names are smokescreens for Brad Stevens.  :coffee:

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree. What I've always heard (which means what I've heard reporters say) is that K wants Capel. I think Mike White could be great, and understand his dad is the AD, but I think K gets his way on the initial replacement. If that person fails, then it will open up to other candidates. 

And Capel as of late has been doing some of the recruiting for K.

Archived