Around the B1G/NCAA

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because you for some crazy reason believe RH and VE are close in comparison. 

If we’re simply comparing this year to that year, yes I do. If we were looking at their entire careers, of course Hummel is better. But look at the stats for Vince this year and Robbie that year. They’re damn close. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You can when you’re looking at only one year worth of data. We’re not comparing their careers. We’re comparing Vince this year to Robbie that year. Not sure why it’s difficult. 

I'm not lol.. Robbie Hummel was/is a better basketball player than VE. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Bucknuts up8 at Northwestern.....

at least it's somewhere in Chicago.

What happened to Welsh-Ryan? 

Wherever they are playing it's more than half empty 

It’s under construction. Will open next year I think. I think they’re playing where DePaul plays (Allstate arena I think?)

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s under construction. Will open next year I think. I think they’re playing where DePaul plays (Allstate arena I think?)

Thanks...half watching the game and didn't catch that.

Not a good look. The shot showing behind the basket is a sea of empty seats 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Correct, they're at All State Arena this year, formerly the Rosemont Horizon Center. Living in northern Indiana I was bummed we don't play them there this year, I always make the drive over for the game. It's a nice venue and easy as heck to get to. Welsh-Ryan is a dump and a pain in the butt to get to. They're dumping $100 million to renovate it, but I'm skeptical they can put enough lipstick on that pig.

11 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Correct, they're at All State Arena this year, formerly the Rosemont Horizon Center. Living in northern Indiana I was bummed we don't play them there this year, I always make the drive over for the game. It's a nice venue and easy as heck to get to. Welsh-Ryan is a dump and a pain in the butt to get to. They're dumping $100 million to renovate it, but I'm skeptical they can put enough lipstick on that pig.

Speaking of spending millions. ($173M ) Depaul's new arena is awesome...but they average the same attendance as a couple dozen Indiana high schools. Haha...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

6 top 25 teams lose last night. Just another night of hoops I guess. I didn't believe the hype regarding Minnesota before this season but I did with Northwestern. What in the world is wrong there. Looking at their schedule I see only 2 more wins max in conference play. 

Maybe the 'Cats were reading their own press clippings before the season started?

Archived