Around the B1G/NCAA

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Purdue is one of the Top 7 or 8 teams in the country right now.  And, I say that knowing that I have some bias against the Boilers.  Likely means they are even a little better than that.  But, as we know, what you do in January does not necessarily translate in March.  A weaker than normal Big Ten Conference and that idiotic week off between the BTT and the NCAA may work against the Boilers come tournament time.

Let's talk about that weak conference for a tad.  This what I see happening.....come the end of the year because of the weakness I project 4 B1G teams in top 10.  Which means that four will have nice seeds.  The Boilers resume looks great, Michigan's looks pretty good, Sparty's looks pretty good, and Ohio St.'s believe it or not looks good.  Now all that being said which of them have the moxy to get to the FF?  I dunno.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

The fact that you think this team is better than Johnson, Hummel, Moore, and Kramer teams tells me all I need to know.  No Way! They are better than that team. Plus come March they’ll remember they are Purdue....

I think they’re very comparable honestly but I think I’d give a slight edge to this team. Why is it so crazy?

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

I don't see Purdue as "really good". They're good, top 20. They had a good win @Michigan... then What? AZ on a neutral court when AZ was playing horrible? Idk.. certainly not sold on them, yet. 

Lville/ND game tonight was awesome btw. Brey can coach and so can Padgett. 

I think they are playing as well as any team in the country.  I don't understand why we as IU fans can't ever give credit to Purdue.  I hate them with a passion but when they are playing well I will give them their due.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think they are playing as well as any team in the country.  I don't understand why we as IU fans can't ever give credit to Purdue.  I hate them with a passion but when they are playing well I will give them their due.

I don't really care what the front of their jersey says, so no, that plays no part imo. If it were UK.. yeah, I can't talk unbias against them. 

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I'll speak for myself. It's not that we aren't giving them credit. I think most here have been complimentary. It's somehow though Painter who has 2 tourney wins in the last 5-6 years (when they qualified) doesn't mean anything. That point can't be overlooked. 

If I were a Purdue fan I wouldn't be out puffing my chest or taking about how this could be the best team since insert year. History has proven even the best Purdue teams stumble. Enjoy the ride, yes. Talking on January 17th? No....x100 

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well.. they should just be given the title now, my god. 

They may have already been awarded another Helms trophy. 

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They are playing very well and I have no problem saying so. However, until they actually do something in the postseason I'll refrain from crowning them in January. They've been here before and recently only to fail to make it past the first weekend of the tournament. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think they’re very comparable honestly but I think I’d give a slight edge to this team. Why is it so crazy?

I’ve talked to several PU fans, that team was the best since the Lewis, Mitchell, Stephens team.  And it was probably better than them too.  You are entitled to your opinion as well, I just don’t see it.  Here’s why-Johnson better than Haas, Moore better than Carsen (although close) Hummel better than Edwards, The only edge I may give this years team and its a slight edge is P.J. over Lewjack.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve talked to several PU fans, that team was the best since the Lewis, Mitchell, Stephens team.  And it was probably better than them too.  You are entitled to your opinion as well, I just don’t see it.  Here’s why-Johnson better than Haas, Moore better than Carsen (although close) Hummel better than Edwards, The only edge I may give this years team and its a slight edge is P.J. over Lewjack.

Actually, the numbers favor Carsen over Moore. Some research was done on the Purdue board and Carsen has better numbers. I even think Hummel and Edwards are pretty close too. I think I give the nod to Mathias over Kramer since he’s a way better offensive player and is an all-B1G defensive guy. He’s not quite Kramer on D but his offense is light years better than Kramer. 

Of course, the passage of time gives some advantage to Moore/Hummel/Johnson team.  Moore and Hummel had some run in NBA.  I think Moore still playing.  I know Johnson played at least 1 year.  We don't know yet what any of the present players will do in the NBA.   This is only one factor to consider.

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Actually, the numbers favor Carsen over Moore. Some research was done on the Purdue board and Carsen has better numbers. I even think Hummel and Edwards are pretty close too. I think I give the nod to Mathias over Kramer since he’s a way better offensive player and is an all-B1G defensive guy. He’s not quite Kramer on D but his offense is light years better than Kramer. 

Edwards and Hummel literally aren't comparable. RH showed up every night. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Edwards and Hummel literally aren't comparable. RH showed up every night. 

You don’t think Vince does? Vince has been a stud this year. Not sure where this not showing up every night is coming from. If you were making reference to Hammons I’d agree but Vince? Edwards and Hummel are absolutely comparable. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You don’t think Vince does? Vince has been a stud this year. Not sure where this not showing up every night is coming from. If you were making reference to Hammons I’d agree but Vince? Edwards and Hummel are absolutely comparable. 

No.. they aren't. This is Edwards only year where he has played well consistently. 

Archived