Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on phone this morning trying to get more on Brooks. One of the guys I spoke with is a big time CAM supporter.  Cannot believe all the criticism that is out there. I let him have his say and he said I cant believe all people clamoring over Mack and want him here and look he blew the biggest lead ever to Coach K. Being the jerk that I can be I just said at least he found a way to get up 23 on Duke when was the last time we were up on anyone by 23. He rightfully told me to go blank myself. 

I look for opportunity to be argumentative for fun. Being comfortable is not a good place to be, I like to challenge thoughts whether I agree or not just for the sake of discussion. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was on phone this morning trying to get more on Brooks. One of the guys I spoke with is a big time CAM supporter.  Cannot believe all the criticism that is out there. I let him have his say and he said I cant believe all people clamoring over Mack and want him here and look he blew the biggest lead ever to Coach K. Being the jerk that I can be I just said at least he found a way to get up 23 on Duke when was the last time we were up on anyone by 23. He rightfully told me to go blank myself. 

I look for opportunity to be argumentative for fun. Being comfortable is not a good place to be, I like to challenge thoughts whether I agree or not just for the sake of discussion. 

Well any news on Brooks

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I put it in the thread. But I am still confident but the we are the target of big time negative recruiting whether it not it matters idk but it is being within his circle 

I am sure of that and is the negative recruiting just based on our play or is it how the team is falling apart internally.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/13/think-the-pac-12-networks-are-struggling-with-audience-and-revenue-the-reality-might-be-worse-than-you-imagined/

A little OT, but I thought this was interesting when you consider how well the BTN and the SEC Network are doing.  The PAC 12 is just a mess in both major sports right now.  Oregon in 2017 is the only team to make the Final Four in the past decade, and they’ve been shut out of the CFP for the past 4 years since Oregon made the first championship game back in 2015.  And in basketball this year, Washington is the only team in the Kenpom top 50 at #36.  Not good.

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/13/think-the-pac-12-networks-are-struggling-with-audience-and-revenue-the-reality-might-be-worse-than-you-imagined/

A little OT, but I thought this was interesting when you consider how well the BTN and the SEC Network are doing.  The PAC 12 is just a mess in both major sports right now.  Oregon in 2017 is the only team to make the Final Four in the past decade, and they’ve been shut out of the CFP for the past 4 years since Oregon made the first championship game back in 2015.  And in basketball this year, Washington is the only team in the Kenpom top 50 at #36.  Not good.

I couldn't get that link to load due to my ad blocker.  Can you give me a synopsis of what the article said.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

I couldn't get that link to load due to my ad blocker.  Can you give me a synopsis of what the article said.

Basically that the PAC 12 network is making its member schools no money... Taking into account the cost of buying back TV rights from local providers so the PAC 12 Network can have the rights to all the games, schools like UCLA and Cal are netting less than $1M per year in TV revenue.  

“The Big Ten and SEC networks have three or four times the audience of the Pac-12 Networks and are believed to generate three or four times the revenue for the schools, as well.”

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Basically that the PAC 12 network is making its member schools no money... Taking into account the cost of buying back TV rights from local providers so the PAC 12 Network can have the rights to all the games, schools like UCLA and Cal are netting less than $1M per year in TV revenue.  

“The Big Ten and SEC networks have three or four times the audience of the Pac-12 Networks and are believed to generate three or four times the revenue for the schools, as well.”

Makes sense......nobody east of the Rockies really care.  The conference has been an absolute mess...but I think this should have it's own thread.  You start it and I will opine(my new favorite word).

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Just a TERRIBLE foul call to decide the Nebraska Minnesota game.  Shooter jumps into the vertical defender and gets two free throws to win.

Just seen the video clip of that.  Absolutely one of the worst calls I have ever seen.  Pitiful.  We got flopping and piss poor officiating.  

Archived