Coronavirus

Reacher

Adding to what I mentioned above about people fleeing big cities since more are working from home / not having to commute, I saw this-

NYC - according to data from USPS, the number of mail forwarding requests from NYC spiked to more than 80,000 in April, 4X the pre-COVID-19 monthly pace.

Some are people probably just taking extended vacations. Sure will be interesting to see how the country changes from this virus.

9 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Adding to what I mentioned above about people fleeing big cities since more are working from home / not having to commute, I saw this-

NYC - according to data from USPS, the number of mail forwarding requests from NYC spiked to more than 80,000 in April, 4X the pre-COVID-19 monthly pace.

Some are people probably just taking extended vacations. Sure will be interesting to see how the country changes from this virus.

Our building here in Brooklyn emptied out in late March/early April with people fleeing the city. Pretty much everyone we know has returned in July though. Parking is back to almost impossible like normal.

Your comment on vacations is spot on. A lot of people who can afford it in NYC, go upstate, Hamptons, or elsewhere for extended vacations in July/August.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Our building here in Brooklyn emptied out in late March/early April with people fleeing the city. Pretty much everyone we know has returned in July though. Parking is back to almost impossible like normal.

Your comment on vacations is spot on. A lot of people who can afford it in NYC, go upstate, Hamptons, or elsewhere for extended vacations in July/August.

Was thinking of you when I posted that!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Assuming we can get back to normal I think the cities who have more to offer than just a business district will make a comeback just fine. Afterall, the stuff they provide is what many are missing and craving right now: culture, arts, history, restaurants, sports, vacation spots, etc. People aren't going to forget about the activities a big city can provide once we are in the clear. 

On the other hand, I can also see a situation where companies may realize they don't need office spaces. If they can achieve the same productivity with employees working from home, why would they want that extra leasing expense? I do think this would be a better thing for society in the long-run, but that's just me. 

Well, the State of Indiana has been flirting with 1,000 new daily cases for the last couple of weeks.  According to Worldometer, the state reported 996 new cases today.  But, if you go by the Indiana Department of Health website, it was 1,011.  Even though that number is not significantly higher than what we've been seeing, just adding that 4th digit to the number has a psychological effect.  

Edited by 5fouls

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/record-numbers-of-u-s-home-searchers-looking-to-relocate-217800?mod=hp_minor_pos23&adobe_mc=MCMID%3D37628492247911870191366779068987717970|MCORGID%3DCB68E4BA55144CAA0A4C98A5%40AdobeOrg|TS%3D1595586898

“With the pandemic, there are a ton of out-of-towners planning to work remotely who'd like a big backyard and office space, which didn't used to be so high on their priority lists. They can get those things for around $400,000 here in the Phoenix area,” Mr. Wiederstein added.

Phoenix # 1 relocation spot. Good for @Colonialcrester home values at least.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Gunshot wound to the head is Covid?  Someone should lose their job on that one.

I found this piece of the story to be very interesting

She said of the 581 deaths on the spreadsheet, only 169 deaths are listed as COVID without any contributing factors.

I was speaking to a team at one of my customers yesterday who is in Connecticut. They said that the home inventory for sale is way down and a huge amount of people (their words) are leaving NYC and buying every house they can find in Conn. The Customers wasn't happy about it at all.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I encountered the most awful, terrible consequence of Covid today. 

There are no gaming controllers left in any stores.

Within a 100 mile radius of Houston.

They blame supply chain disruption, along with China import sanctions. 

No Xbox, noooooooo

Throw your current one against the wall?

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That said, images like this one of Dr. Fauci do not help in the effort to get everyone on board.

I was thinking about this the other day. Someone was being personally blamed for others not wearing masks, because that person hadn't had a lot of pictures published while wearing a mask, you know setting an example kind of thing. With all of the world wide discussion, education, conversation and shaming going on, do adults actually need a picture to make a decision? Or do we just hold adult citizens total sheep that need to see pictures? Anyway, I want to give them a little more credit, or maybe it should be, responsibility than that.    

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I encountered the most awful, terrible consequence of Covid today. 

There are no gaming controllers left in any stores.

Within a 100 mile radius of Houston.

They blame supply chain disruption, along with China import sanctions. 

No Xbox, noooooooo

Holy Crap! I didn't think of this, I've been working from home for 4 months, Xbox is a stress release (and yard work, but too hot!) I have used for years. I go all the way back to Atari 2600 ...If my controller died again I'd be screwed!   I got to get one on order.  THANKS!

But hey, i put long pants on for the first time in 132 days the other day. and a shirt with a collar. I went into the office to pick up a new Iphone, was there about 8 minutes.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

With all of the world wide discussion, education, conversation and shaming going on, do adults actually need a picture to make a decision? 

Apparently some do...

Don't know what they look at for other decisions in their lives... Ouija board?

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe he was eating something

He said he was dehydrated and drinking water.  But, there are to other photos, one where he appears to be texting, and another where he is turned talking to the pother guy.

Not saying it is a big deal, because I would not have been wearing a mask if I was sitting with family in an empty stadium either.  But, I'm not the face of the disease in this country either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/record-numbers-of-u-s-home-searchers-looking-to-relocate-217800?mod=hp_minor_pos23&adobe_mc=MCMID%3D37628492247911870191366779068987717970|MCORGID%3DCB68E4BA55144CAA0A4C98A5%40AdobeOrg|TS%3D1595586898

“With the pandemic, there are a ton of out-of-towners planning to work remotely who'd like a big backyard and office space, which didn't used to be so high on their priority lists. They can get those things for around $400,000 here in the Phoenix area,” Mr. Wiederstein added.

Phoenix # 1 relocation spot. Good for @Colonialcrester home values at least.

I don't know where those are! Lots are teeny out here and prices are shooting up! But you can find some deals if you aren't picky about locations. My sister in law just sold their house and got 16 offers on the first day. Sold for an additional 20%. Here's my backyard...it is a nice office view!

IMG_20200523_114540164.jpg

• Like 3