Beer/Alcohol Thread

12 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Visited Vermont for the Thanksgiving holiday. Not enough snow for skiing, but didn't have any trouble finding some Heady Topper. Even found a pretty good cheese called Cheddy Topper. Also had a Fiddlehead IPA that was a real delight.

PXL_20231121_202633103.jpg

I try not to drink anymore but heard good things about heady topper.  I'm hoping to take a train from Indy to Burlington in the next year or 2. 

I'm more interested in the cheese though. I love all forms of cheese except for the kinds that smell like feet. 

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I try not to drink anymore but heard good things about heady topper.  I'm hoping to take a train from Indy to Burlington in the next year or 2. 

I'm more interested in the cheese though. I love all forms of cheese except for the kinds that smell like feet. 

Fe-ta? 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Just 2. The Eagle Rare 2 year and the Angel Envy 2 yr. My wife picked out the Banana Fosters for herself. 

I almost got the Banana Foster today, but the prices for all of the variants is steep. I have a few bottles of the original to cellar and one that I’ll drink soon. 

2 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I almost got the Banana Foster today, but the prices for all of the variants is steep. I have a few bottles of the original to cellar and one that I’ll drink soon. 

Gone are the days of getting one of everything. Noticed the buzz (and lines) were way down this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, Reacher said:

Gone are the days of getting one of everything. Noticed the buzz (and lines) were way down this year. 

I was going to go back for the Bananas Foster but it was gone. I’ve seen a lot of the Backyard Stout but that just doesn’t sound very good. 
I did manage to get a 2022 Newton today. 
Im cracking open my first 2023 original for the game today. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I was going to go back for the Bananas Foster but it was gone. I’ve seen a lot of the Backyard Stout but that just doesn’t sound very good. 
I did manage to get a 2022 Newton today. 
Im cracking open my first 2023 original for the game today. 

I was at the Whole Foods in the West Loop a few weeks ago and they had every variant on the shelf. They even had some from last year. Never seen that before. I ended up getting a 2023 Prop and a 2022 Sir Isaacs. That Sir Isaacs was one of the better variants I’ve had. 

• 2 months later...

Oh, the power of alcohol...

So me and my best girl went to, what turned out to be, a 4 beer lunch... With the beer being 11 Below's Negative Space (9.7 ABV)...

And then I find myself in Lululemon jamming to Shania Twain's "Feel Like a Woman."

I mean, I don't, but it IS a cool song 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, the power of alcohol...

So my and my best girl went to, what turned out to be a 4 beer lunch... With the beer being 11 Below's Negative Space (9.7 ABV)...

And then I find myself in Lululemon jamming to Shania Twain's "Feel Like a Woman."

I mean, I don't, but it IS a cool song 🙂

First the RMK pullover and now Lululemon’s? Next thing will probably be a speedo!

• Haha 1

Anyone been to Damsel brewing in Evansville? I go to Winterfest every year, and they've had some standout offerings. Last year it was Fran, an old ale. This year they were pouring Endora, a Gruit brewed with lion's mane mushrooms. Incredibly smooth with an umami flavor you don't often associate with beer. Strongly recommend to anyone in the area.