General Music Thread

IUFLA

• 1 month later...

Did a road trip over the holiday to South Bend to visit my wife's parents.  My wife and son went up a few days early, leaving me with my daughter, but more importantly full control of the radio both on the trip up and the trip back. Roughly a 4-hour trip each way. 

About an hour into the trip up, I stumbled across a Top 100 countdown on the Beatles channel on satellite radio.   sometimes it's easy to forget how great they were until you realize you love some of their songs ranked around #70 and almost everything from that point forward.  They played the list over and over from Wedsesday through the weekend.  Wednesday through Sunday, every time I was in the car, the Beatles channel was on the radio.

This one landed in the Top 10 on the list.  I probably put it in my Top 3.  Don't hear it as much on the radio as some of their other stuff.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, Lostin76 said:

The missus and I figured that if we were going to see Elton John on his Farewell Tour then it should be in London. So, we flew over for a long weekend this weekend.

INCREDIBLE show and performer. He hit all of the highlights - and the dude has a lot of them! You could tell he was pretty emotional on some of the songs. Their was a career retrospective montage during “I’m Still Standing” and it was like, “Damn, this dude has been on everything.”

Who else has been on Sesame Street, The Muppets, Soul Train, The Simpsons, Sonny and Cher, etc, etc. 

I’m not sure there is a more important musical, pop culture icon still with us that spans that many decades and touched so many different genres. Definitely a concert highlight for me. 

1204AF7D-EA78-4ACB-9349-A111C653DCD7.jpeg

I was thinking about @Lostin76 today and realized I had not seen him on the board in a long time.  He was a regular in this thread.  His profile says he has not been on the board since 4/18/23.  So, this was one of his last posts. That concerns me a bit 

And, while we're on the subject of people I have not seen on in a while, @mrflynn has not been on since early March.  Hope everything is alright there.   

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was thinking about @Lostin76 today and realized I had not seen him on the board in a long time.  He was a regular in this thread.  His profile says he has not been on the board since 4/18/23.  So, this was one of his last posts. That concerns me a bit 

And, while we're on the subject of people I have not seen on in a while, @mrflynn has not been on since early March.  Hope everything is alright there.   

I’ve been wondering where he’s been as well (when it comes to posting on HSN). I’m friends with him on Instagram though and he appears to be doing well - traveling and enjoying his dogs in Brooklyn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I’ve been wondering where he’s been as well (when it comes to posting on HSN). I’m friends with him on Instagram though and he appears to be doing well - traveling and enjoying his dogs in Brooklyn. 

Just glad to know he's okay.   HSN, while an enjoyable distraction, is not important in the grand scheme of things.  I was concerned it might be something else.  

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was thinking I haven't seen anything from @mrflynn in awhile the other day. I saw Warrant is playing in Wabash, IN next week, so I will post this for him and hope he is doing well...

https://www.honeywellarts.org/live-shows/warrant

My mom has done more for me than anyone should. 

She says she always wanted to see Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp in concert. Just so happens Willie, Bob dylan and John are touring together.

So I bought us tickets for Cincinnati Sept 11. 

They're in Chicago Sept 7th

• Like 4

On 4/16/2024 at 9:55 AM, pinkroync said:

She says she always wanted to see Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp in concert. Just so happens Willie, Bob dylan and John are touring together.

So I bought us tickets for Cincinnati Sept 11. 

Willie and Bob Dylan together.  I'm assuming they're at Riverbend.  If there's a wind blowing west that night, I'll probably be able to smell the weed from my house, and that's 15 miles away. 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Willie and Bob Dylan together.  I'm assuming they're at Riverbend.  If there's a wind blowing west that night, I'll probably be able to smell the weed from my house, and that's 15 miles away. 😂

Not really a fan of either and not so much a fan of Mellencamp after Happy go Lucky.

Lonesome Jubilee was his last good album, back when albums mattered. 

But yeah, it's Riverbend, it's for her 62nd birthday, which is August 25th. 

It's the Outlaw Music Festival 

Edited by pinkroync