Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday evening I was watering Tammy's flowers in the front of the house.  I just happened to glance over to the drive where I thought I saw a piece of black hose.  My Dad had just been here a few hours earlier and I thought, "Jesus, Dad has lost a power steering hose off his truck."  I took a few steps towards the hose all the while my dogs followed with me.  All of the sudden Nub(my male hound) stepped on the hose and the damn thing reared up.  I about sh*t myself!  The dogs kept the python at bay while I scurried to the shed to get a weapon.  Upon returning with a common shovel I proceeded to bash the beast to death.  Enough excitement for me for one day.

snake.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Yesterday evening I was watering Tammy's flowers in the front of the house.  I just happened to glance over to the drive where I thought I saw a piece of black hose.  My Dad had just been here a few hours earlier and I thought, "Jesus, Dad has lost a power steering hose off his truck."  I took a few steps towards the hose all the while my dogs followed with me.  All of the sudden Nub(my male hound) stepped on the hose and the damn thing reared up.  I about sh*t myself!  The dogs kept the python at bay while I scurried to the shed to get a weapon.  Upon returning with a common shovel I proceeded to bash the beast to death.  Enough excitement for me for one day.

snake.jpg

One of the hazards of rural living...

Identify it yet? 

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One of the hazards of rural living...

Identify it yet? 

Zoom in on that thing.  It sure looks like it has/had the markings of a rattler to me.  Turns out it was a water snake according to my local C.O.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Zoom in on that thing.  It sure looks like it has/had the markings of a rattler to me.  Turns out it was a water snake according to my local C.O.

Go to YouTube and search NKFherping.  The guy loves all kinds of snakes, turtles, salamanders, lizards etc.  Does videos of him and friends searching for all of the above.  Pretty interesting and he goes all over the US, but he's based in Georgia, I believe.  

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Go to YouTube and search NKFherping.  The guy loves all kinds of snakes, turtles, salamanders, lizards etc.  Does videos of him and friends searching for all of the above.  Pretty interesting and he goes all over the US, but he's based in Georgia, I believe.  

I will pass.  I hate snakes.

• Haha 3