Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No such thing as a survival tool without a bottle opener

If you're in a survival situation the bottle may be the only way to deal with it. 

I guess a stand alone key chain bottle opener would do. 

I also am never without a GI issue P-38 can opener.  Or church key as they call it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Hell yeah! Nice buck… I didn’t have as good of luck this year. Two of my biggest bucks broke off points. I have a 4-5 year old 8 who broke off his entire right side, and a nice looking 9 who broke his G2 and G3. 

I honestly haven't deer hunted in quite some time.  I got 3 guys and 1 lady that hunt here on my property.  It is a lot easier getting venison from them than me getting it myself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I honestly haven't deer hunted in quite some time.  I got 3 guys and 1 lady that hunt here on my property.  It is a lot easier getting venison from them than me getting it myself.

I don't hunt like I used to. I really only need one a year anymore. Big buck hunting doesn't matter as much anymore either. 

I got 4 one year and got tired of field dressing and dragging them around though the woods to the truck, home to hang it, to the processor, back to the processor to pick up what's left when done. 

• Like 2

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

I don't hunt like I used to. I really only need one a year anymore. Big buck hunting doesn't matter as much anymore either. 

I got 4 one year and got tired of field dressing and dragging them around though the woods to the truck, home to hang it, to the processor, back to the processor to pick up what's left when done. 

Most I’ve got in a year is two. I do all my own processing and grinding and smoking and stuff. So it’s very labor intensive on both ends. I got my buck last Thursday and my butt and back still hurt from dragging it through the woods lol. 33 hitting me hard 😂 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Most I’ve got in a year is two. I do all my own processing and grinding and smoking and stuff. So it’s very labor intensive on both ends. I got my buck last Thursday and my butt and back still hurt from dragging it through the woods lol. 33 hitting me hard 😂 

I got one one year with a dressed weight of around 240.  I took it to the DNR office to their scale because I just had to know. Had to drag it about 500 yards. I think I skipped the gym for a few days after. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I got one one year with a dressed weight of around 240.  I took it to the DNR office to their scale because I just had to know. Had to drag it about 500 yards. I think I skipped the gym for a few days after. 

8AE90787-600C-4BCA-848B-182D0B146B6A.thumb.jpeg.acf49379647be42bea3ad306c77e184d.jpegThis one weighed 242 dressed and I had to drag it up about an 8 foot creek bed…I had to ratchet strap his ass up for about 20 minutes.  I didn’t have my 4 wheeler at that time. 😂 lesson learned. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

8AE90787-600C-4BCA-848B-182D0B146B6A.thumb.jpeg.acf49379647be42bea3ad306c77e184d.jpegThis one weighed 242 dressed and I had to drag it up about an 8 foot creek bed…I had to ratchet strap his ass up for about 20 minutes.  I didn’t have my 4 wheeler at that time. 😂 lesson learned. 

Nice! This is the fatty I got. A lot of work but worth it. 

1645362705_20200524_221427.thumb.jpg.a1744603e5be0dfccd0a1a51affc7824(1).jpg.884559acc13a61e7105f63f1cbbc36c7.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...