Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Spring fed lake in northern Wisconsin. A few islands and holes where the springs are.

Here I use small spinner baits, crank baits, bottom bouncers, and jigs.  I usually hit the shallows along lily pads early morning and early evening with jigs and spinner baits.  Bottom bouncers for deep water late morning and early afternoon.  When all fails I turn to vertical jigging with a jiggin' rap.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Truth be told. I don’t like seafood. My in-laws love when I visit because I catch them fishes and crabs but don’t partake in the feast. lol

Yeah, I used to be a pork/chicken/beef guy, but the older I got, the more a nice 16 oz NY Strip seemed to bog me down...

My wife has always loved seafood... About 5 or 6 years ago, I started eating more... Now it's pretty much 4-5 days a week... 

On 7/29/2023 at 1:24 PM, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I used to be a pork/chicken/beef guy, but the older I got, the more a nice 16 oz NY Strip seemed to bog me down...

My wife has always loved seafood... About 5 or 6 years ago, I started eating more... Now it's pretty much 4-5 days a week... 

Some of that is likely due to where you live. Not as many options for (quality) seafood in the midwest. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Some of that is likely due to where you live. Not as many options for (quality) seafood in the midwest. 

You have a Pappadeaux's in Chicagoland... That's all I'd need 😉 

But, you're right...a lot more options... They balance steak, Tex-Mex, and seafood around here... Florida is the best for seafood in my estimation... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Any serious campers or outdoors folks on here? Just curious if anyone has a Bluetti and are the basic one's ok to use or do you need to get the better models? 

I have an EB70s I think, haven’t used it all that much but we had some small brush to cut up and used a 9amp electric chainsaw with it! Still had plenty of power.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I have an EB70s I think, haven’t used it all that much but we had some small brush to cut up and used a 9amp electric chainsaw with it! Still had plenty of power.

When you charged how long did it last? Early stages of planning a trip and as much as we want to rough it....we need some electricity for work and coffee. Just curious if the smaller one's hold the charge long.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

When you charged how long did it last? Early stages of planning a trip and as much as we want to rough it....we need some electricity for work and coffee. Just curious if the smaller one's hold the charge long.

You need to think in Watts. The 70 is rated at 715 watt-hours Which means if you have 10watt bulb it will stay on over 70hours. But be very careful of coffee makers they draw lots of watts and the 70 will overdrive to 1000watts it will only overdrive for about 20seconds. In the case of amps like the 9 amp chainsaw. The equation is amps times voltage so the 9amps plugged into a 120volt outlet works out over 1000watts. I theoretically working in bursts could have run it 7 hours. There is lots of youtube out there on the Bluetti’s

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Any serious campers or outdoors folks on here? Just curious if anyone has a Bluetti and are the basic one's ok to use or do you need to get the better models? 

I've always gotten electric sites and take an extension cord. 

They also make power inverters you can plug in to you cigarette lighter port that are cheaper. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...