Pizza.

Didn’t get any pics, but cranked out 7 pies during my FF watch party. That double risen 00 dough gets incredible reviews. 

Word of advice for toppings: if you live anywhere near an Aldi, they sell bags of what they call spicy bite size dry salami. It’s basically thick cut pepperoni and is incredible on pizza. I don’t really like pepperoni and I could put away a whole pizza with that on it. 

On 4/7/2024 at 10:55 AM, Zlinedavid said:

Did you mean to post this here? Sounds like something from RuppRafters

No I did not. Autocorrect is a savage. Also, old and slow phone. 

My intention was

I grilled up a pizza with my cousin. Turned out well. 

• 2 weeks later...

For the Indy folks. If you love Detroit style there's a place on 10th St called Sam's Square Pie. Owner was working in the NFL as a camera operator or something. His brother (was a big DJ here in Indy) died and he opened the joint up.

Really, really good. Only thing. As someone who volunteers quite a bit down the street at a church....the area isn't the best. Be aware is all I would say.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did some work on my oven and got the gas burner working correctly, so now I have the option to truly go dual fuel. Made a couple of pies while I was at it. 

Shrimp, prosciutto, corn, onions & peppers on alfredo sauce:

IMG_8566.jpeg

I normally shoot for 700 degrees so the 00 flour browns properly, but word of advice, dial it back 50 degrees if you’re cooking raw seafood on the pizza. The crust will be done before the seafood, believe it or not. 

• 3 weeks later...

Giordanos is offering 50% off their pizza in celebration of their 50th anniversary. Only for Tuesdays in May and dine in only (Call before you go to verify your location is participating?). I went last night. Is it possible to regret eating Giordanos? There were 4 of us and instead of sharing 2 pizzas, we naturally decided to each get our own so we would have leftovers. 50% off, why not? It's like a $15 coupon. Our pizzas came. We solved the problem of a lack of table space by forgoing the plates and eating straight from the pizza. Oddly enough. I didn't feel too out of place as I noticed most others over ordered as well. Sitting there with a full deep dish pizza in front of you, I just didn't have the willpower to say no to that last piece. I ate half of large deep dish pizza. I don't think i need to eat at all today. But i do have half a pizza left... Going to try and stretch it over two days...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Giordanos is offering 50% off their pizza in celebration of their 50th anniversary. Only for Tuesdays in May and dine in only (Call before you go to verify your location is participating?). I went last night. Is it possible to regret eating Giordanos? There were 4 of us and instead of sharing 2 pizzas, we naturally decided to each get our own so we would have leftovers. 50% off, why not? It's like a $15 coupon. Our pizzas came. We solved the problem of a lack of table space by forgoing the plates and eating straight from the pizza. Oddly enough. I didn't feel too out of place as I noticed most others over ordered as well. Sitting there with a full deep dish pizza in front of you, I just didn't have the willpower to say no to that last piece. I ate half of large deep dish pizza. I don't think i need to eat at all today. But i do have half a pizza left... Going to try and stretch it over two days...

I LOVE pizza leftovers--- pretty big stickler about warming it up in the oven, though, and not the microwave. Assuming I have the time to wait. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I LOVE pizza leftovers--- pretty big stickler about warming it up in the oven, though, and not the microwave. Assuming I have the time to wait. 

Try warming it up on a frying pan, with a lid over it. Heard it works great, and pretty fast too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not sure what I'll do. I thought about the air fryer but I think that might be better for thin crust. I think I can control the temp better with the microwave and I've had many a leftover deep dish slice warmed up that way with no complaints so I'm leaning that way. Maybe I'll try a oven vs microwave taste test?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Not sure what I'll do. I thought about the air fryer but I think that might be better for thin crust. I think I can control the temp better with the microwave and I've had many a leftover deep dish slice warmed up that way with no complaints so I'm leaning that way. Maybe I'll try a oven vs microwave taste test?

Respectfully, I don't even think it's close. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

We use our air fryer to warm it but keep an eye on it. It can go from perfect to burnt literally in a minute.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

For pizza leftovers I fall back into my old college habits and like it cold. Wife can't believe i eat cold pizza. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For pizza leftovers I fall back into my old college habits and like it cold. Wife can't believe i eat cold pizza. 

Well--- couple of things here. There is no bad pizza, in my eyes, it's like mashed potatoes. So more power to you. My 

1. Oven

2. Microwave 

3. cold 

for me... 

But still Cold Pizza > than A LOT of things IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Well--- couple of things here. There is no bad pizza, in my eyes, it's like mashed potatoes. So more power to you. My 

1. Oven

2. Microwave 

3. cold 

for me... 

There really is not bad pizza in my books. I'm sure you already know this but Mother Bears is coming to Columbus( the summer garden pizza pan style with sauce on top is out of this world) another place I love Yummy bowl is coming into the old Chuck E Cheese. If you have not going i highly recommend. 

7 hours ago, DWB said:

Try warming it up on a frying pan, with a lid over it. Heard it works great, and pretty fast too.

The only way I reheat pizza. 5 minutes on medium heat. Put a half dozen droplets around the slices and place a lid. Walk away for 5 minutes. Tastes nearly as good as when it was made. 100% no cap. ;)

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

1. Oven

2. Microwave 

3. cold 

for me... 

I'll eat cold over microwave. Especially for breakfast.

My wife loves to cook, and she's excellent at it. One of the very few tips I can proudly say she learned from me, though, was to put leftover pizza in the oven. Coming from the microwave it's just limp and gross.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

There really is not bad pizza in my books. I'm sure you already know this but Mother Bears is coming to Columbus( the summer garden pizza pan style with sauce on top is out of this world) another place I love Yummy bowl is coming into the old Chuck E Cheese. If you have not going i highly recommend. 

Yes, pretty pumped for MBs. Zwanzigs and 450 do have solid pizza too, and obviously HotBox. 

Do you know where it's going in at in Columbus? 

16 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

The only way I reheat pizza. 5 minutes on medium heat. Put a half dozen droplets around the slices and place a lid. Walk away for 5 minutes. Tastes nearly as good as when it was made. 100% no cap. ;)

I will try it. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 4:41 PM, Seeking6 said:

For the Indy folks. If you love Detroit style there's a place on 10th St called Sam's Square Pie. Owner was working in the NFL as a camera operator or something. His brother (was a big DJ here in Indy) died and he opened the joint up.

Really, really good. Only thing. As someone who volunteers quite a bit down the street at a church....the area isn't the best. Be aware is all I would say.

Just saw a blurb on this one from Indianapolis Monthly. The name rang a bell, I knew I had heard about it somewhere. I'll be a few blocks away for the Pride Parade in a few weeks, might Sam's a try after. 

Have you tried Futuro, also in the area, and any thoughts on how they compare?

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, pretty pumped for MBs. Zwanzigs and 450 do have solid pizza too, and obviously HotBox. 

Do you know where it's going in at in Columbus? 

It is going in the Nexus Park building, next to Riviera Maya.